Job Number: R0089476
University - Cybersecurity Consultant
When our country's Cybersecurity is on the line, simply reacting is not enough – we need a plan. And when that plan needs to protect our clients, we need strategic policy and technical solutions development. That's why we need you, a Cybersecurity specialist, with the skills to analyze the policies and risks that determine our Cyber resilience.
As a Cybersecurity Consultant on our team, you'll help review our client's current Cyber policies, the coverage of those policies, and areas of risks. You'll evaluate how policies stack up to regulations, best practices, and industry standards. As you guide your client through understanding acceptable risk and availability, you'll help develop a strategic Cyber roadmap and use various skills to create solutions. You'll work with the client to help them operate securely as they navigate an evolving IT environment. Join us as we protect our clients through strategic Cyber policy development and minimize risks with effective solutions.
Empower change with us.
- Experience with security principles, approaches, and technologies in academic or internship environments
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of general computer systems, information security software, and hardware components, network systems, databases, or information security safeguards
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- Scheduled to obtain a BA or BS degree in Winter 2020 or Spring/Summer 2021
Nice If You Have:
- Experience with Java, C#, .NET, or SharePoint development in an academic or professional environment
- Knowledge of systems development life cycle methodologies and associated activities
- Pursuing a BS degree in CS, Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering, or a related field preferred, pursuing an MS degree in CS, Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering, or a related field a plus
- Ability to obtain a Security+, CISSP, CISA, or related Certifications
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Build Your Career:
Rewarding work, fun challenges, and a ton of investment in our people—that's Booz Allen Cyber. When you join Booz Allen, we'll help you develop the career you want.
Competitions — From programming competitions at our PyNights (Python competition and learning events) to competing in CTFs, we've got plenty of chances for you to show off your skills.
Paid Research — Have an innovative idea to explore or hypothesis to test? You can participate in challenges via our crowdsourcing platform, the Garage, and other programs to be awarded dedicated time and/or funding to advance your skills.
Cyber University — CyberU has more than 5000 instructor-led and self-paced Cyber courses, a free online library that you can access from just about anywhere—including your phone—and certification exam prep guides that include practical assessments to prepare you for your exam.
Academic Partnerships — In addition to our tuition reimbursement benefit, we've partnered with University of Maryland University College to offer two graduate certificate programs in Cybersecurity—fully funded without a tuition cap.
Maker/Hackerspaces — Race drones, print 3D gadgets, drink coffee from our Wi-Fi coffee maker, and get hands-on training on tools and tech from in-house experts in our dedicated maker and hackerspaces.
We're an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.URT1
Apply on company website