Job Number: R0110558
Cloud Network Engineer
A well-designed network is critical to move data and enable the Air Force to achieve their mission, but how can an organization make sure their network will fit their current and evolving needs? Crafting the right network, with the right equipment and software, requires a combination of technical skill and careful planning. That's why we need you, a network engineer who knows how to craft the exact network the Air Force needs to improve warfighter Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) communications systems.
As a network engineer on our team, you'll consult for the Air Force to design, build, evolve, and sustain as they work on a reliable network to support our national intelligence missions as the mission expands into the cloud. You'll lead a team assisting SMEs, clients, and peers with learning the strategic goals and operational needs that shape the network requirements. You'll then lead the planning of acquisition, installation, configuration, and maintenance of the network components. From resolving interoperability issues across platforms, to supporting the acquisition of hardware, you'll put your hardware and software talents to good use. This is your chance to support your team with growing their knowledge base in cloud technologies, infrastructure as code, and encryption while broadening the scope of your network engineering work. Join us as we help evolve Air Force ISR capabilities into the next generation of technology and computing
Empower change with us.
- Experience with implementing public and private cloud networks
- Experience with configuring network connections within WANs and LANs, protecting computer resources via encryption, and designing responsive networks that autonomously adjust to demand and are highly reliable and available within the cloud environment
- Experience with implementing infrastructure as code
- Knowledge of software designed networks, elastic networks, encryption standards and security best practices
- Ability to protect computing resources through design of encryption and security logs, and use technology to automate system and cyber recovery
- Secret clearance
- BS degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) field
- CCNP Certification
Nice If You Have:
- Experience with leading a team of cloud or network professionals
- Knowledge of cloud transformation, network sustainment, and DoD cloud infrastructure
- TS/SCI clearance
- CCIE Certification
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; Secret clearance is required.
Build Your Career:
When you join Booz Allen, you'll have the opportunity to connect with other professionals doing similar work across multiple markets. You'll share best practices and work through challenges as you gain experience and mentoring to develop your career. In addition, you will have access to a wealth of training resources through our Engineering & Science University, an online learning portal where you can access more than 5000 tech courses, certifications and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications that directly impact your role? You may be able to take advantage of our tuition assistance, on-site courses, vendor relationships, and a network of experts who can give you helpful tips. We'll help you develop the career you want as you chart your own course for success.
We're an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.ID16
Apply on company website