Job Number: R0094046
Cybersecurity Product Backend Developer, Senior
Booz Allen is looking for passionate developers to support a purple teaming platform. Are you eager and ready to push boundaries and innovate new ways to label and classify adversary techniques, measure detection capabilities and gaps, prioritize and analytic backlog, and use machine learning and AI to suggest and improve defensive analytics? You will be working alongside a team of front-end and backend developers, UI/UX designers, data scientists, and offensive and defensive cybersecurity experts to create a product that matters to our clients.
We're looking for a developer with the advanced skills needed to build and refine our team's Cloud-based purple teaming platform from a mature prototype to a production-ready system. As a backend developer, you can solve a problem with a complete end-to-end solution in a fast-paced, agile environment, focusing on data processing and engineering, expanding and maintaining the API, optimizing and deploying to a Cloud infrastructure, and integrating other solutions and technologies into the product.
This role is more than just coding. We need a backend developer who will use their passion to learn new tools and techniques, identify and implement system improvements, and mentor teammates. Using your diverse skills, you'll build a world-class tool to help improve our client's security postures. You'll analyze the needs and the environment to make sure the solution you're developing considers the current architecture and operating environment, as well as future functionality and enhancements. Join us as we build systems to change the security landscape for the better. As a senior member of the team, enjoy flexible working hours and the freedom to set your schedule. Partial or full remote options are available. Due to the nature of work performed within this facility, US citizenship is required.
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering
- Experience with python and python best practices, building REST APIs with Flask and python libraries
- Experience with relational databases, such as PostgreSQL
- Experience in agile environments, and many of the collaborative tools, including Git, Jira, Confluence, and Jenkins
- Experience with testing frameworks and writing unit tests
- BA or BS degree
Nice If You Have:
- Experience with SIEM tools such as Splunk, QRadar, ArcSight
- Experience with EDR tools such as FireEye HX, CrowdStrike, and Carbon Black
- Experience with network tools and data, such as Bro, NetFlow, PCAP, proxies, and firewalls
- Experience with Cloud and virtualization platforms, such as AWS and VMware ESXi
- Experience with automation and orchestration, such as terraform and ansible
- Experience with key and value stores, such as Redis
- Experience with integration testing frameworks such as Selenium and writing integration testing scripts
- Knowledge of the Splunk search language, search techniques, alerts, dashboards, and report building
- Knowledge of endpoint threat hunting, incident response, and forensics
- Knowledge of offensive tools and tradecraft
- Possession of excellent collaborative skills and ability to work as part of a team
We're an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.
Apply on company website