Job Number: R0100029
Are you excited at the prospect of unlocking the secrets held by a data set? Are you fascinated by the possibilities presented by the IoT, machine learning, and artificial intelligence advances? In an increasingly connected world, massive amounts of structured and unstructured data open up new opportunities. As a data scientist, you can turn these complex data sets into useful information to solve global challenges. Across private and public sectors — from fraud detection, to cancer research, to national intelligence — you know the answers are in the data.
We have an opportunity for you to use your leadership and analytical skills to improve national intelligence. You'll work closely with your customer to understand their questions and needs, then dig into their data-rich environment to find the pieces of their information puzzle. You'll mentor teammates, develop automated data cleaning algorithms and data rescaling algorithms, develop the capability to support both ranges and precise integers within automated data discretization algorithms, develop algorithms or scripts to automate consistent data formatting, natural language processing, and scripts to find and select data and logically aggregate data and use the right combination of tools and frameworks to turn that set of disparate data points into objective answers to help our customers make informed decisions. You'll provide your customer with a deep understanding of their data, what it all means, and how they can use it. As a technical leader, you'll identify new opportunities to use data science solutions to help your customers meet their toughest challenges. Join us as we use data science for good in national intelligence.
Empower change with us.
- 1+ year of experience within data science or machine learning engineering, including in an academic or professional environment
- Experience with developing software in a high-level language, including Java, C, C++, Python, or R
- Experience with ML, AI, and data quality analytics
- Experience with deploying applications in a Cloud environment
- Knowledge of developing solutions and integrating, extending, and contributing to open-source software, version control systems, including GitHub or Git, or software integration or testing, including analyzing and implementing test plans and scripts
- Active TS/SCI clearance; willingness to take a polygraph exam
- BA or BS degree required
Nice If You Have:
- Experience with NLP or Spacy a plus
- Experience with the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS) and JSON or BSON, Apache Spark or Apache Storm, data visualization tools or packages, and data mining or deep learning techniques
- Experience with designing and developing automated analytic software, techniques, and algorithms, large-scale data integration for Nifi and Kafka, and implementing relational and NoSQL large-scale data architectures
- Experience with Agile SAFe, MapReduce programming, distributed scalable Big Data store or NoSQL, including Accumulo, Cloudbase, HBase, or Bigtable
- Knowledge of Spark, Delta Datalake, Zeppelin, AWS C2S, or Quality Metrics
- MS degree in Data Science, CS, Physics, Statistics, Mathematics, Earth Science, Geographic Information Science, or Quantitative Social Sciences preferred; PhD degree a plus
- AWS Solutions Architect or AWS Certified Solutions Developer Certification
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; TS/SCI clearance is required.
Build Your Career:
At Booz Allen, we know the power of analytics and we're dedicated to helping you grow as a data analysis professional. When you join Booz Allen, you'll have the chance to:
- Access online and onsite training in data analysis and presentation methodologies, and tools like Hortonworks, Docker, Tableau, and Splunk
- Change the world with the Data Science Bowl—the world's premier data science for social good competition
- Participate in partnerships with data science leaders, like our partnership with NVIDIA to deliver Deep Learning Institute (DLI) training to the federal government
You'll have access to a wealth of training resources through our Analytics University, an online learning portal specifically geared towards data science and analytics skills, where you can access more than 5000 functional and technical courses, certifications, and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and state-of-the-art tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications that directly impact your role? You may be able to take advantage of our tuition assistance, onsite boot camps, certification training, academic programs, vendor relationships, and a network of professionals who can give you helpful tips. We'll help you develop the career you want as you chart your own course for success.
We're an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.
Apply on company website