Job Number: R0110171
DevOps Engineer, Lead
Are you looking for an opportunity to make a difference in the defense industry? What if you could find a position that is tailor made for your mix of development, engineering, and communication skills? Efficient software development teams make the most of their time by limiting the activities that take developers away from writing their code. That's why we need you, an experienced DevOps engineer, to help us shorten the time it takes to get critical tools developed and into the hands of application developers and end users who need them to enhance and transform an IT weapon system.
As a DevOps engineer, you will work with development and operational teams to develop automation pipelines for hybrid cloud and on premises environments in accordance with enterprise services (ES) development practices, security standards, and project requirements. You will work with a client who is in the process of adopting DevOps practices, continuous integration, and increased deployment automation. As part of the ES DevOps team, you'll work with ES and other organizations to help drive DevOps practices and culture, ensuring solutions support “develop once and deploy many” and GitOps paradigms. You'll ensure deviations between environments have a flexible solution that can be configured to meet functional and security requirements while not having to modify code, only updating configuration.
Empower change with us.
- 8+ years of experience with DevOps
- Experience with working in Git, BitBucket, and Pull Reports
- Experience with containerization, including Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with managing global functional teams
- Experience in a highly collaborative and Agile environment
- Knowledge of the application of build and integration pipelines in Jenkins and automated solutions using Puppet or PowerShell
- Ability to automate functional tests using Robot Framework
- TS/SCI clearance
- BA or BS degree
- Level II IAT Certification
Nice If You Have:
- Experience with PowerShell
- Experience with code reviews for multiple teams
- Experience with networks and networking
- Knowledge of configuration management
- Ability to break down silos of knowledge and cross train engineering staff
- MA or BS degree
- Level III IAT Certification
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; TS/SCI clearance is required.
Build Your Career:
A challenging and dynamic work environment isn't all we have to offer. When you join Booz Allen, you'll have access to:
· experts in virtually every field
· a culture that focuses on supporting our employees
· opportunities that provide stability while offering variety
You'll also be exposed to a wealth of training resources through our Digital University, an online learning portal featuring more than 5000 functional and technical courses, certifications, and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications that directly impact your role? You may be able to take advantage of our tuition assistance, on-site bootcamps, certification training, academic programs, vendor relationships, and a network of professionals who can give you helpful tips. We'll help you develop the career you want as you chart your own course for success.
We're an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.
Apply on company website