Job Number: R0099642
Epidemiologic Data Scientist, Senior
Provide consulting services focused on supporting the analytical planning, execution, and dissemination of health and healthcare data for government agencies. Maintain responsibility for data management, analysis design, application of epidemiological methods, statistical programming, quality assurance via appropriate application of statistical theory, parametric and non-parametric modeling, interpretation of results, descriptive statistics, hypothesis testing, and reporting of results through written reports, presentations, and publications. Assist with monitoring and assessing data integrity and accuracy using commonly accepted reliability and validity assurance practices appropriate for both quantitative and qualitative data.
- Experience as a Data Analyst or other scientific specialist who constructs data sets using epidemiologic data
- Experience with SAS programming, R, or Python using advanced programming methods and techniques to manipulate large complex database files
- Experience with statistical modeling in a professional work environment
- Knowledge of data manipulation using statistical software
- Ability to write communication through the development of standard operation procedures (SOPs), analytic reports, or manuscripts submitted for publication
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- MA or MS degree in Math, Biostatistics, Statistics, CS, Data Science, Epidemiology, Life Science, or Public Health
- Experience with analyzing complex weighted surveys
- Experience with analyzing large scale data sets, including >100,000 records
- Experience with working in team settings where not all members are professionally trained in statistical or quantitative studies
- Experience with program documentation, including code commenting
- Experience with data visualizations for broad audiences
- PhD or Doctorate in Math, Biostatistics, CS, Data Science, Epidemiology, or Life Science
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We're an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.
Apply on company website