Job Number: R0092152
Health Data Scientist, Mid
Are you excited at the prospect of unlocking the secrets held by a data set? Are you interested in exploring the possibilities presented by machine learning and artificial intelligence? In an increasingly instrumented, quantified, and connected world, the availability of data is opening up new opportunities. As a data scientist at Booz Allen, you will turn complex data sets into meaningful information to solve our clients' toughest challenges.
We have an opportunity for you to apply your creativity and analytical skills to further the mission of several health-focused customers. You'll work closely with your customer to understand their challenges, opportunities, questions, and needs, and then work with an array of data assets to characterize, predict, and advise on tactics for improving their operations. You'll mentor teammates, write scripts, build descriptive and predictive analytics, and apply current machine learning methods to help senior government leadership make informed decisions.
Empower change with us.
- 3+ years of experience within a healthcare setting
- 3+ years of experience as a Data Scientist
- Experience with building statistical models, developing machine learning algorithms, and data visualization
- Experience with manipulating datasets and applying analytical methods for statistical analysis or predictive modeling to evaluate and solve healthcare-related problems
- Experience with programming languages including Python, R, Scala, or Java for data manipulation, quality assurance, data cleaning, normalization, and analysis
- Experience with relational databases and flat files
- Experience with natural language processing or deep learning paradigms and frameworks
- Experience with manipulating data and extract, transform, and load (ETL)
- Experience with presenting information to clients or hosting internal roundtable discussions.
- BA or BS degree
Nice If You Have:
- Experience with robotic process automation
Build Your Career:
At Booz Allen, we know the power of analytics and we're dedicated to helping you grow as a data analysis professional. When you join Booz Allen, you'll have the chance to:
- access online and onsite training in data analysis and presentation methodologies
- change the world with the Data Science Bowl—the world's premier data science for social good competition
- participate in partnerships with data science leaders, like our partnership with NVIDIA to deliver Deep Learning Institute (DLI) training to the federal government
You'll have access to a wealth of training resources through our Analytics University, an online learning portal specifically geared towards data science and analytics skills, where you can access more than 5000 functional and technical courses, certifications, and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and state-of-the-art tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications that directly impact your role? You may be able to take advantage of our tuition assistance, onsite boot camps, certification training, academic programs, vendor relationships, and a network of professionals who can give you helpful tips. We'll help you develop the career you want as you chart your own course for success.
We're an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.
Apply on company website