Job Number: R0112502
Information Systems Security Officer, Senior
Warnings about cyber threats are everywhere and the constantly evolving nature of these threats can make understanding them to seem overwhelming to the defense industry. In all of this “cyber noise,” how can these organizations understand their risks and how to mitigate them? The answer is you –an information systems security specialist who knows how to break down complex threats into
manageable plans of action.
As an information systems security officer on our team, you'll work with cyber defense teams to discover their cyber risks, understand applicable policies, and analyze the development of a mitigation plan. You'll review technical, environmental, and personnel details from SMEs and engineers to assess the entire threat landscape. Then, you'll guide your client through a plan of action with presentations, white papers, and milestones. You'll work with your client to translate security concepts, so they can make the best decisions to secure their mission critical systems. This is your opportunity to take an active role in cybersecurity while growing your skills in the integration of dynamic cyber-defense. Join us as we improve and maintain security toolsets to support organizations' continuous monitoring and ongoing authorization programs.
Empower change with us.
- 5+ years of experience with Information Technology
- Knowledge of security protocols and procedures to provide post-ATO support to maintain compliance
- Knowledge of the DoD's Risk Management Framework (RMF) and NIST 800-53 guidelines
- Secret clearance
- HS diploma or GED
- CompTIA Security+ Certification
Nice If You Have:
- Experience with numerous IT functions, including the management of a VMware environment, Windows 10 Secure Host Baseline, networking hardware or software, and Windows Server 2012
- TS/SCI clearance
- BA or BS degree
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; Secret clearance is required.
Build Your Career:
Rewarding work, fun challenges, and a ton of investment in our people—that's Booz Allen cyber. When you join Booz Allen, we'll help you develop the career you want.
- Competitions — From programming competitions at our PyNights (Python competition and learning events) to competing in CTFs, we've got plenty of chances for you to show off your skills.
- Paid Research — Have an innovative idea to explore or hypothesis to test? You can participate in challenges via our crowdsourcing platform, the Garage, and other programs to be awarded dedicated time and/or funding to advance your skills.
- Cyber University — CyberU has more than 5000 instructor-led and self-paced cyber courses, a free online library that you can access from just about anywhere—including your phone—and certification exam prep guides that include practical assessments to prepare you for your exam.
- Academic Partnerships — In addition to our tuition reimbursement benefit, we've partnered with University of Maryland University College to offer two graduate certificate programs in cybersecurity—fully funded without a tuition cap.
- Maker/Hackerspaces — Race drones, print 3D gadgets, drink coffee from our Wi-Fi coffee maker, and get hands-on training on tools and tech from in-house experts in our dedicated maker and hackerspaces.
We're an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.
Apply on company website