Job Number: R0106970
Media Relations Manager, Lead
Shape media relations strategy to build Booz Allen's reputation and thought leadership in U.S. public sector, commercial and international markets. Develop and executes proactive media relations plans that highlight the firm's industry-leading capabilities, impact, innovation and people. Work with the Media Relations team, VP of Communications and business partners to maintain and expand the firm's network of relationships with key editors and journalists and cultivate media contacts among leading publications aligned with the firm's business goals and overall communications strategy. Serve as an internal communications consultant to senior executives, helping them navigate media relations challenges in a way that elevates the firm's thought leadership, brand and reputation. Anticipate, identify and mitigate issues that could impact Booz Allen's reputation and market position. Respond to incoming media requests, preparing the firm's response and coordinating as appropriate with the media relations team, communications leaders and other colleagues throughout the firm. Help to develop yearly strategic plans, including developing and executing an annual portfolio of media initiatives and manage a high-performing media relations team, playing a leading role in keeping the team organized and on-track and shepherding important initiatives to completion.
- 10+ years of experience with media relations supporting the technology industry, government agencies or corporate communications
- Experience in integrated communications, including marketing, branding and message development skills
- Experience with supporting senior executives
- Experience with managing integrated media/marketing campaigns to include traditional print and broadcast media as well as digital, video and graphics production
- Experience with PR agency work or managing and directing members of a PR agency team as a client, including a record of developing and introducing innovative practices
- BA or BS degree
We're an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.
Apply on company website