Job Number: R0106828
Site Reliability Engineer, Senior
Do you love finding ways to make systems more efficient? Do you find it impossible to simply maintain when you could improve? Engineering to make a system more resilient and efficient frees up time and money to build more capabilities. Whether you come from a background in network engineering, systems administration, or software development – if you have a passion for making systems better, we need you!
As a site reliability engineer on our team, you'll work with the DoDon the development of more robust systems for by building a resilient infrastructure. You'll build in redundancy, implement monitoring tools, and automate wherever possible. You'll reduce toil by scripting routine tasks and automating self-repair. This is your chance to leverage your expertise in cloud technologieswhile assisting junior engineers and broadening your knowledge base. This position is open to remote delivery from any location in the U.S., to include the District of Columbia.
Empower change with us.
- 5+ years of experience with Operations, DevOps, or Site Reliability Engineering
- 3+ years of experience with building and maintaining Kubernetes clusters across hybrid-cloud infrastructure
- Experience with configuration package management using tools
- Experience with infrastructure and service monitoring tools, including Prometheus, Grafana, FluentD, ElasticStack, Prometheus, or SumoLogic
- Experience with creating automation using APIs from Azure or Google Cloud
- Experience with Linux system administration
- Ability to assist with GitLab CI pipelines, including building and security scans
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- BA or BS degree
Nice if You Have:
- Experience with developing production software leveraging modern languages including, Java, Python, Go, and NodeJS
- Experience with developing containerized services deployed in production on orchestration platforms such as Kubernetes, Mesos, or Swarm
- Experience with agile and lean software development philosophies
- Experience with relational or non-relational databases such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, or Elasticsearch
- Experience with modern version control systems such as Git, Subversion, or Mercurial
- Secret clearance
- BA or BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related technical field
- CompTIA Security+ CE or other DoD 8570 IAT II certification
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Build Your Career:
A challenging and dynamic work environment isn't all we have to offer. When you join Booz Allen, you'll have access to:
experts in virtually every field
a culture that focuses on supporting our employees
opportunities that provide stability while offering variety
You'll also be exposed to a wealth of training resources through our Digital University, an online learning portal featuring more than 5000 functional and technical courses, certifications, and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications that directly impact your role? You may be able to take advantage of our tuition assistance, on-site bootcamps, certification training, academic programs, vendor relationships, and a network of professionals who can give you helpful tips. We'll help you develop the career you want as you chart your own course for success.
We're an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.
Apply on company website