A career with Bronson opens up new worlds. Cutting-edge technologies, clinical expertise and business innovations combined with individual human care and compassion are all a part of the experience.
BBC Bronson Battle Creek
BBC Fieldstone Behavioral Health Clinician
Master's Degree in Social Work or related field; or Master's Degree in Psychology, Counseling Psychology, or related field required.
1-2 years full-time professional level work experience in psychiatric and substance abuse treatment for adults, adolescents and children preferred
Licensed Master's Social Worker – Clinical (LMSW), or either Licensed Professional Counselor, Limited License Psychologist or Temporary Limited License Psychologist credentials required
• Considerable knowledge of/and ability to utilize empathy, crisis assessment, intervention, and counseling techniques;
• Knowledge of hospital based programs, physician practice characteristics, utilization management, and professional referral networks;
• Knowledge of community service organizations and the types of assistance they provide;
• Skill in clinical counseling techniques;
• Ability to perform clinical patient assessment and apply available resources to determine appropriate interventions;
• Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form;
• Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with referral and community service agencies, clients, Hospital personnel, physicians, supervisors, and other employees;
• Considerable ability to communicate effectively with distressed persons under adverse conditions;
• Ability to cope with difficult and/or emergency situations in accordance with Hospital policies and procedures;
• Ability to maintain accurate records and prepare reports;
Work which produces high levels of mental/visual fatigue, e.g., interactive and repetitive or small detailed work requiring alertness and concentration for sustained periods of time, the operation of and full attention to a personal computer or CRT between 40 and 70 percent of the time.
The job produces some physical demands. Typical of jobs that include regular walking, standing, stooping, bending, sitting, and some lifting of light weight objects.
• Communicates and coordinates services provided with medical staff, hospital personnel, community agencies and referral sources to ensure services meet accreditation standards and hospital policy.
• Performs clinical assessments with patient and/or family members to determine level and type of intervention in order to formulate treatment and discharge planning.
• Participates in on-going education and training to meet professional and program requirements. Participates in required inservices, staff meetings, and completes all required competencies
• Represents the hospital to the community by performing various functions i.e., speaking engagements, networking, and educating about program services.
• Completes and maintains all required documentation in accordance with accreditation standards and hospital policy.
• Represents the Hospital, programs, services and physicians to the community and professional referral source.
• Participates in CQI functions and activities.
• May coordinate pre-certification and continued stay review activities with third party payers.
• May provide psychological testing services as appropriate.
• Perform psychotherapeutic interventions in a variety of modalities, including individual, group, couples, and families.
• Provides comprehensive case management services as needed
• Demonstrates commitment to providing outstanding customer service to all customers in a manner reflective of our mission, values and customer service standards.
• Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State and local laws and regulations, the Compliance Accountability Program, Code of Ethics, as well as other policies and procedures in order to ensure adherence in a manner that reflects honest, ethical and professional behavior.
• Maintains a safe workplace by keeping work area free of hazards and correcting and/or properly reporting any safety hazards.
• Uses correct body positioning, proper body mechanics to avoid injury, utilizes safe work practices (e.g. pushing vs. pulling, patient transfer/lifting devices, etc.) and uses personal protective equipment when necessary.
• Performs related duties as assigned.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
8562 Access Center (BBC)
Please take a moment to watch a brief video highlighting employment with Bronson!
Apply on company website