A career with Bronson opens up new worlds. Cutting-edge technologies, clinical expertise and business innovations combined with individual human care and compassion are all a part of the experience.
BBC Bronson Battle Creek
Physician Medical Oncology/Hematology Physician
Full-Time Medical Oncology/Hematology Physician
Bronson Healthcare is seeking a BC/BE Medical Oncologist/Hematologist to join its growing cancer program in southwest Michigan. This position will practice mainly in Battle Creek, MI at the Bronson Battle Creek Cancer Care Center and may see patients at other locations in Bronson's regional service area.
Candidate will join a practice consisting of 3 other medical oncologists/hematologists, 2 radiation oncologists, 2 advanced practice providers, and multiple other clinical staff providing nurse navigation, survivorship, social work, nutritional support, and palliative care. This is a hospital-employed, mainly outpatient position with some inpatient consults working M-F, 8 am to 5 pm, with call shared equally with the other physicians in the team.
Bronson offers a competitive salary, signing bonus, full benefits, including: medical, dental, vision, life and disability and retirement savings plans 403(b) and 401(k), relocation allowance, CME stipend, paid malpractice coverage and generous PTO. Productivity and quality incentives are included. Research and teaching opportunities available as well.
About Bronson Battle Creek Cancer Center
Bronson Battle Creek Cancer Center is accredited by the Commission on Cancer and the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC) through the American College of Surgeons. The Cancer Care Center ranks among the top cancer care facilities in the United States (Commission on Cancer Comprehensive Community Cancer Program) and is one of only 25 hospitals to win the Commission on Cancer Outstanding Achievement Award three times in a row.
Additionally, the Cancer Care Center features:
- Access to the newest treatments. We actively participate in clinical trials with the Grand Rapids Clinical Oncology Program (GRCOP).
- Advanced radiation therapies and technologies such as Image Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT), Intensity Modulation Radiation Therapy (3D-CRT), Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy (SBRT) and five-day targeted radiation therapy for breast cancer.
- Full range of care from prevention to detection and treatment
- Tumor boards for breast, thoracic and all other tumor sites where our expert physicians meet to review and discuss treatment options for individual patients
- Bronson Battle Creek Hospital was the first hospital in southwest Michigan to use Positron Emission Tomography (PET) for tumor detection and staging information
- Accreditation by The Joint Commission, earning its Gold Seal of Approval
- Consumers in Calhoun County prefer Bronson Battle Creek for cancer care (Consumer Preference Study, Professional Research Consultants, Inc., 2011 and 2012)
- Robotic surgery using the da Vinci® Si™ HD Surgical System – the most advanced method of minimally invasive surgery
- Member of the Michigan Cancer Consortium – a combined effort of health care organizations in Michigan providing patients access to national cancer studies while remaining in their own communities
About Bronson Healthcare
Bronson Healthcare Group is a not-for-profit, community-governed health system serving nine counties in southwest and south central Michigan. With 9,000 employees, more than 1,300 medical staff members, and 836 licensed beds, Bronson is the largest employer and leading healthcare system in southwest Michigan. It offers a full range of services from primary care to critical care across more than 70 locations. Key member organizations include: Bronson Methodist Hospital, Bronson Battle Creek, Bronson LakeView Hospital, Bronson South Haven Hospital, Bronson Medical Group, Bronson at Home, Bronson Commons, Bronson Lifestyle Improvement & Research Center and the Bronson Health Foundation.
About the Battle Creek & Kalamazoo Region
Located halfway between Chicago and Detroit, the area offers diverse cultural opportunities, affordable real estate, a major focus on education, and a variety of year-round family attractions, events, and festivals. Abundant natural resources, including easy access to Lake Michigan, make it the perfect choice for biking, boating and skiing. Our local area is home to several international companies including Stryker, Pfizer, Zoetis, and Kellogg.
Battle Creek offers the cultural and recreational amenities offered in urban settings with a modest cost of living and vitality that permeates education, arts, culture, and recreation. There is an impressive array of entertainment options that please music lovers, sports fans, and families. Numerous parks are connected via a linear trail to the Battle Creek and Kalamazoo rivers and provide opportunities for hiking, fishing, and canoeing, picnicking and other recreation.
Kalamazoo also offers diverse cultural opportunities, economic diversification and very affordable real estate. Public, private, and parochial schools are recognized for their academic excellence.
Interested Candidates please email CV to Hilary Wade at firstname.lastname@example.org
Physicians are responsible for diagnosing illnesses and prescribing as well as administering treatment for patients suffering from disease or illness. They also examine patients in addition to obtaining medical histories. Other job responsibilities include ordering, performing and interpreting diagnostic tests in addition to counseling patients regarding preventive healthcare, hygiene and diet. Employees providing direct patient care must demonstrate competencies specific to the population served.
Medical degree and 2 years of direct or intern experience required
Current Medical License in the state of Michigan
Current DEA and DPS Certificate of Registration
Must maintain all requirements for medical staff privileges
• Knowledge of and ability to apply professional medical principles, procedures, and techniques
• Thorough knowledge of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment
• Effective verbal and written communication skills along with proper telephone etiquette
• Performs in a tactful and professional manner
Work which produces high levels of mental/visual fatigue, e.g., interactive and repetitive or small detailed work requiring alertness and concentration for sustained periods of time, the operation of and full attention to a personal computer or CRT between 40 and 70 percent of the time.
Involves considerable standing or walking, regular lifting of light-weight objects (i.e., 20 pounds or less) and assisting with heavier tasks such as assisting in lifting and moving patients. Minor straining or fatiguing positions must be assumed, and some fatiguing physical motions are required.
• Provides medical patient care by interviewing, examining and treating of clinical patients in order to meet their medical needs
• Educates patients on wellness, prevention and early detection by providing materials and resources to the patients and families
• Determines which referrals are required based on examination and patient needs
• Determines level of urgency of follow-up, referral/consultation appointments
• Exercises final medical judgment in all issues of health care
• Prescribes medical treatment and clinical drugs to patients
• Orders studies, test and ancillary services
• Documents all services in patient medical record
• Reviews on a regular basis long term cases that require ongoing medical attention
• Consults with Medical Director and other professionals on staff as needed regarding patient care, assessment, and education issues
• Participates in process improvement, management, continuing education, and other patient care programs established by the hospital or clinic requirements
• Oversees mid-level medical staff as assigned as well as nursing clinical staff
• Assists in the resolution of complaints, requests and inquiries from patients
• Maintains confidentiality of all patient information according to federal guidelines and regulations
• Demonstrates commitment to providing outstanding customer service to all customers in a manner reflective of our mission, values and customer service standards.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
8827 Hematology & Medical Oncology Phys (BBC)
Apply on company website