A career with Bronson opens up new worlds. Cutting-edge technologies, clinical expertise and business innovations combined with individual human care and compassion are all a part of the experience.
BMH Bronson Methodist Hospital
Telecommunications Specialist - PRN Variable Hours
The Communication Technologist is responsible for day-to-day operations of the Bronson Referral and Information Center. These responsibilities encompass regional transports, transfer links, in-hospital paging, scheduling, emergency procedure implication, incoming call processing, and coordination of transportation for equipment and patients within Bronson's properties. Employees providing direct patient care must demonstrate competencies specific to the population served.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
1-2 years related experience and/or training preferred.
Previous computer/ telecommunication experience preferred.
• Previous working knowledge of basic medical terminology
• Excellent communication skills in a high volume department, working with both the public and health care professionals.
• Ability to prioritize and work efficiently in emergency or complicated situations and must have the ability to assure confidentiality of sensitive information.
• Must have the ability to provide positive customer service, communicate in English and use good grammar.
• Must be able to organize and prioritize workflow.
Work which produces very high levels of mental/visual fatigue, e.g. CRT work between 70 and 90 percent of the time, and work involving extremely close tolerances and considerable hand/eye coordination for sustained periods of time.
The job produces some physical demands. Typical of jobs that include regular walking, standing, stooping, bending, sitting, and some lifting of light weight objects.
• Handles all incoming calls, provides general information and transfers to the appropriate person or department.
• Responds to hospital, county, state, and area wide communications through phone, paging, and computer systems.
• Pages all service areas when necessary.
• Makes changes to computerized on-call schedules for physicians and departments.
• Responsible for emergency, fire, weather, and disaster plan activation.
• Monitors fire alarm and medical gas system.
• Responds to all emergency situations; Code Blue, Yellow, Pink, Orange, Red, Black and Grey, trauma alerts, AMI and Stroke call downs, paging system failures, etc.
• Receives and logs answering service phone calls while ensuring doctors were properly paged
Scheduled Weekly Hours
1690 BRIC (BMH)
Please take a moment to watch a brief video highlighting employment with Bronson!
Apply on company website