A career with Bronson opens up new worlds. Cutting-edge technologies, clinical expertise and business innovations combined with individual human care and compassion are all a part of the experience.
BCOM Bronson Commons
Unit Coordinator - Bronson Commons
The Clinical Care Leader is responsible for overseeing the development and implementation of the plan of care for residents on his/her respective hallway. The Clinical Care Leader is responsible for completion of Minimum Data Sheets on all residents as scheduled. Conducts Interdisciplinary Resident Care Conferences and assumes overall responsibility for resident care plans. Specific responsibilities in this area may be delegated to Charge Nurse staff as appropriate, but the Clinical Care Leader will remain responsible for assuring that nursing documentation in these areas is maintained as required by regulation and facility policy. Assists as requested in the development, review, and revision of departmental and facility policies. Employees providing direct patient care must demonstrate competencies specific to the population served.
Bachelor's degree in Nursing and 5 years of clinical experience required
Formal or informal leadership experience preferred
Education/experience level may differ for the specific department/unit
Completion of the internal leadership pathway as defined by Bronson's Center for Learning
Current RN license in the state of Michigan required
Advanced Nursing Specific Certification preferred
BLS certification required
BLS instructor certification preferred
• Familiarity with computers
• Demonstrated ability to organize work and manage time
• Demonstrated interpersonal communication skills, ability to resolve conflict, and ability to work as a team leader
• Demonstrated problem-solving ability
• Excellent verbal communication skills are required to build a sense of teamwork within the department, to maintain positive intradepartmental and interdepartmental relationships and to meet the needs of internal and external customers
• Demonstrate a level of competence in written communication including accurate spelling, punctuation and grammar
Work which produces high levels of mental/visual fatigue, e.g., interactive and repetitive or small detailed work requiring alertness and concentration for sustained periods of time, the operation of and full attention to a personal computer or CRT between 40 and 70 percent of the time. Involves regularly lifting of bulky or moderately heavy weights (i.e., up to 50 pounds), and occasionally assisting with heavier tasks or expending the equivalent effort in pushing, pulling, or otherwise handling material, equipment, and other objects.
• Evaluates quality and appropriateness of care.
o Conducts/facilitates audits for accreditation, regulatory requirements and organizational standards.
• Accounts for coordination of day-to-day unit operations, i.e. patient placements, staff assignments. Responsible for operational monitoring and oversight of 25 bed unit with shared responsibility for all units, approximately 100 beds total.
• Assumes responsibility for staffing and scheduling personnel. Assignments reflect appropriate utilization of personnel.
o Coordinates department staff schedule with staffing assistant as needed.
o Assists staffing assistant with adjusting department staffing on a day-to-day basis to meet staffing needs (including managing volume changes, replacing call-ins, etc.)
o Facilitates staff attendance at organizational committees, staff meetings, etc.
o Manages staffing levels to help department achieve its budget.
o Participates in projecting staffing needs and assisting in creating a staffing plan with Director of Nursing.
o Approve/deny PTO.
o Follows organizational policies and procedures for staffing and provides open communication with staff about scheduling requests/issues.
• Acts as clinical expert resource, mentoring staff, maintains positive relationships, and builds teamwork within the entire healthcare team.
o Maintains knowledge on guidelines, policies, procedures, and standards.
o Provides input into guidelines, policies, procedures, and standards.
• Acts as first responder for clinical and service recovery issues. Acts as a resource person for staff questions related to job performance and departmental processes.
• Provides guidance for and supervision of personnel accountable to Director of Nursing. Responsible for approximately 40 direct reports consisting of RNs, LPNs, CNAs, and HAs with shared responsibility for approximately 140 total personnel in the nursing department.
o Provides ongoing feedback to staff related to job performance (focuses on immediate performance coaching as necessary).
o Monitors staff performance on a day-to-day basis.
o Works with Director of Nursing to develop Personal Development Plans including follow up and mentoring.
o Acts as role model, coach, and mentor to staff.
• Leads new hire orientation for nursing department as well as direct oversight of nursing personnel during orientation process ensuring all education is provided and required paperwork is complete.
• Evaluates performance of personnel.
o Provides and collates peer input for evaluation.
o Communicates all staff behavior and performance issues with Director of Nursing as necessary.
o Participates in discipline process of employees with Director of Nursing notification for attendance, behavioral and performance issues.
o Participates in the evaluation process of employees including 90 day evaluation for probationary employees.
• Co-facilitates planning and conducting of nursing leadership meetings (ie. Safety Committee, Code Blue Committee, Behavior Monitoring Committee). Acts as mentor to other nursing staff committee members.
• Leads and participates in daily morning update meetings with Providers as well as assists unit personnel in leading daily shift huddles.
• Completion and tracking of state required Minimum Data Sets (MDS) as appropriate for responsible unit.
• Facilitates RN/LPN and CNA quarterly staff meetings, as well as educational sessions reporting to Director of Nursing.
• Assists Director of Nursing with all necessary nursing department education and ensures RN/LPN and CNA competency completion.
• Participates in recruitment, selection and retention of personnel.
o Assists Director of Nursing in the staff hiring process (e.g. assist with interview process).
• Creates and supports an environment where innovation and creativity are encouraged and valued.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
1500 Nursing Administration (BCOM)
Please take a moment to watch a brief video highlighting employment with Bronson!
Apply on company website