The Choices Program is a national education initiative affiliated with the Brown University Department of History. The Choices Program produces content for secondary school social studies classrooms on contested historic and contemporary issues. Through its content and programs for teachers, the Choices Program seeks to:
- Democratize knowledge and provide accessible educational resources in order to reach diverse classrooms from all corners of the United States and beyond.
- Create content and programing that emphasizes building historical thinking skills.
- Create curriculum materials that foster the skills for students and teachers to be critical consumers of information and engaged global citizens.
- Take advantage of new research and scholarship that challenges how history is understood and provides new insight into the dynamics that shape the world.
- Challenge traditional narratives and broaden understandings of history and current events.
- Produce narratives that are relevant to all communities, including ones that have been underrepresented in high school social studies curriculum and programming.
The Administrative Coordinator will assist in the operation of the Choices front office, including customer support, shipping of curriculum materials, and conference and workshop preparation.
Education and Experience
- Associates degree with 2 – 3 years of related experience or the equivalent of education and experience. Experience in an academic or non-profit setting preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Customer service experience with a strong service-minded philosophy
- Highly proficient in financial reporting and spreadsheet applications with attention to detail
- Experience with standard invoicing and billing procedures
- Experience with various databases
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities in a fast-paced, multi-faceted work environment
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a collaborative team.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload.
- Ability to problem-solve and troubleshoot issues when appropriate
- Proficient in Microsoft and Google platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to support a community of diverse perspectives and cultures in an inclusive environment.
All offers of employment are contingent upon a criminal background check, and education verification satisfactory to Brown University.
All candidates must include a cover letter with their application.
Recruiting Start Date:2022-08-01-07:00
Job Posting Title:Administrative Coordinator
Department:Department of History
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Position Classification:Hybrid Eligible
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
In order to maintain 90% or greater universal vaccination rates on campus, all newly hired employees at Brown University must receive the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine before they begin work, unless they are approved for a medical or religious exemption. All employees must also receive a COVID-19 booster within thirty (30) days of becoming eligible. For more information, please visit the Healthy Brown site.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website