The primary responsibility of the Annual Leadership Giving Officer is the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of Brown Annual Fund Leader-level prospects. Brown Annual Fund Leader prospects are defined as having a Brown Fund ask amount at the $10,000 - $1,000,000+ level in cash or equivalent in a single fiscal year.
The incumbent takes the primary responsibility for soliciting a pool of released Carrie Tower Society Leader prospects for undergraduate alumni not in a reunion year at the $10,000+ level, collaborating with Prospect Managers for all those who are assigned, and in collaboration with members of the Annual Giving Leadership team and colleagues overseeing alumni class cohorts. Incumbent will work closely with members of the Annual Giving Leadership team to analyze and identify key segments of the population to target for upgraded giving to join or to move up within the Carrie Tower Society at the Leader levels.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree required, plus 3 – 5 years' experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two or more years of fundraising experience required; demonstrated success in solicitation of 5-figure gifts is highly preferred. If no direct fundraising experience, then incumbent must demonstrate transferable experience from another field (e.g., sales, marketing or customer service/public relations).
- Previous experience working in a university setting preferred.
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communications skills; must be able to communicate with a varied university constituency.
- Strong interpersonal, communications, volunteer and program management, and motivational skills; must be a “self-starter", with the ability to work independently.
- Ability to manage confidential information with discretion.
- Excellent computer skills including, but not limited to, word-processing, spreadsheet, database, and web-based software required.
- Candidates must demonstrate a willingness and ability to support a diverse and inclusive environment.
All offers of employment are contingent upon a criminal background check and education verification satisfactory to Brown.
Applicants are asked to provide a cover letter and resume with their applications.
Recruiting Start Date:2020-10-19-07:00
Job Posting Title:Annual Leadership Giving Officer
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website