Job Description - This 10-months (mid-August through mid-June) position assists the Head Coach in all phases of the Women's Tennis Program. This includes coaching and assisting in recruiting and administrative duties such as coordinating training and travel schedules and completing compliance information. The incumbent also maintains positive relations with alumnae and friends groups. This position supports all efforts to continue to attract the nation's top women's tennis players to our Division I nonscholarship program.
All department employees are required to demonstrate exemplary ethical conduct and conformance to NCAA rules and regulations; the duties of the position are to be performed in compliance with all NCAA, Ivy League and ECAC rules and regulations; and any rules violations on behalf of themselves or any knowledge of violations within the department are to be reported to the appropriate parties. Employees in coaching positions are required to pass the NCAA Coaches Certification Test and maintain current AED/CPR & First Aid certification (certification is available at no cost through the Athletic Department).
- Bachelor's Degree, required.
- 1-3 years coaching experience with a competitive club, high school or collegiate program; Prior collegiate coaching experience preferred (and/or a combination of coaching & competitive playing experience)
- Competitive collegiate and/or professional playing experience, preferred.
- Ability to recruit within NCAA and Ivy League Rules.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication & computer skills, necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and relate well to students.
- Excellent sport specific technical, tactical and strategic knowledge.
- Racquet stringing experience, helpful.
- Possess a willingness and ability to support a diverse and inclusive environment.
- Basic proficiency in excel, word, internet & email capabilities.
- Social media experience, helpful.
- Prior experience with PlaySight or similar software, helpful.
- Commitment to the student-athlete, passion for the game and ability to coach & motivate.
- The successful candidate for this position will be required to complete a criminal background and DMV check satisfactory to Brown University prior to commencing employment.
Background Check - Criminal & Motor Vehicle
Recruiting Start Date:2019-11-06-08:00
Job Posting Title:Assistant Coach, Women's Tennis
Department:Athletics & Physical Education
Worker Sub-Type:Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website