Provide care, laundering and accurate inventory for all athletic equipment and uniforms. Service and satisfy the athletic equipment and apparel needs of varsity student-athletes. Responsible for assisting with Equipment Room operations and issuing and maintaining all athletic equipment. Will primarily work with Football and other athletic programs, as assigned.
All department employees are required to demonstrate exemplary ethical conduct and conformance to NCAA rules and regulations; the duties of the position are to be performed in compliance with all NCAA, Ivy League and ECAC rules and regulations; and any rules violations on behalf of themselves or any knowledge of violations within the department are to be reported to the appropriate parties. Employees in coaching positions are required to pass the NCAA Coaches Certification Test and maintain current AED/CPR & First Aid certification (certification is available at no cost through the Athletic Department).
- Associate's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Effective written and oral communication skills, preferred.
- Experience with inventory control systems.
- Computer knowledge helpful.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle many tasks at once.
- Possess a willingness and ability to support a diverse and inclusive environment.
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with the Brown community.
- Willingness to work occasional nights and weekends during the academic year, including some travel.
- Awareness and understanding of, and commitment to compliance with, NCAA, ECAC, Ivy and University rules and regulations in regard to operations, necessary.
- The successful candidate for this position will be required to complete a criminal background and DMV checks satisfactory to Brown University prior to commencing employment.
Background Check - Criminal and DMV
In order to achieve near-universal vaccination, Brown University is requiring all employees to receive the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine by July 1, 2021. All newly hired staff at Brown University must receive the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine before they begin work, unless they are approved for a medical or religious exemption. For more information, please visit University Human Resources.
Recruiting Start Date:2021-04-22-07:00
Job Posting Title:Equipment Specialist
Department:Athletics & Physical Education
Time Type:Part time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website