This is a part-time position (14 hours per week). The primary function of this position is to assist with the mouse colony management. The Research Assistant is responsible for checking on our research animals' health status on a daily basis. Moreover, the Research Assistant will work with over 10 different genetically modified rodent species daily, genotyping mice to produce and/or maintain double- or triple-crossed or backcrossed mice. This position will also provide support to scientists with their experiments and research and will be required to record test results; monitor experiments; use, clean and maintain equipment; maintain supplies; and prepare equipment for testing.
- Required: Degree in Bachelor of Sciences (Grade 7) or Degree in Bachelor of Sciences plus one years' experience working with rodents and handling transgenic mice (Grade 8) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- College level Neuroscience, Biology, Biochemistry, or Molecular Biology courses and the requisite laboratory courses.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience handling rodents.
- Comfortable with basic molecular techniques routinely used to genotype
- Ability to collaborate with others
- Attentiveness to detail and instructions
- Basic understanding of molecular biology.
- Knowledge of and ability to maintain HIPPAA compliance.
- Possesses a willingness and ability to support a diverse and inclusive campus community.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND AND EDUCATION CHECK REQUIRED
Recruiting Start Date:2019-11-07-08:00
Job Posting Title:Research Assistant
Department:Department of Molecular Biology, Cell Biology and Biochemistry
Worker Sub-Type:Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
Time Type:Part time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:14
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website