All World Wide Wings Manager Responsibilities:
All managers, regardless of position, share responsibility of and are accountable for following the World Wide Wings Manager Description in conjunction with the following job description specific to this position in the company.
Heart of House Department Manager Job Purpose:
Heart of House Department Manager has primary responsibility for the Heart of House (HOH) area, is responsible for managing all food/product matters in the HOH area, HOH staff planning and HOH Team Member development. They must maintain a safe environment and improve bottom line profitability through appropriate revenue and labor management. The Heart of House Manager assists the General Manager with overseeing the operation of the entire restaurant. In addition to supervising the operation of the restaurant on a shift-by-shift basis.
Heart of House Department Manager Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Directly responsible for the HOH staffing, succession planning, recruiting, interviewing, hiring, orientation, training and ongoing development of all HOH Team Members and does so to maintain a department team at or above staffing guidelines determined at each Period Business Review.
- Responsible for WCT training in the department and maintaining the department at training store certification.
- Develops direct reports by creating action/development plans when necessary.
- Coordinates with other Department Managers on hiring decisions to ensure growth opportunities exist for Team Members.
- Creates weekly HOH schedules within budgeted labor guidelines, balancing team member needs and business needs.
- Creates, develops and implements incentive programs and contests for HOH. Actively motivates Team Members to participate in all company promotions and incentives.
- Responsible for providing regular performance feedback, including timely performance appraisals and development of HOH department.
- Administers semi-annual merit increase process
- Assists General Manager with coaching other managers on effective performance management procedures.
- Oversees MIT training during HOH training weeks. Ensures WCTs are correctly scheduled to conduct the training of the HOH modules.
- Assists General Manager with the on-going performance management and development of Bar, Hospitality and Assistant Managers.
- Utilizes World Wide Wings support teams/subject matter experts when necessary or required.
- Provides coaching and follow up to direct reports to ensure execution of service standards and guest experience.
- Communicates effectively to direct reports by holding departmental meetings on a timely basis to communicate successes, new procedures, and areas of opportunity.
- Ensures all HOH Team Members have current state required training and permits Guest
- Actively looks for and identifies techniques to attract new guests.
- Responsible for the restaurant's Guest Comment program. Ensures all food quality guest complaints are appropriately handled on a timely basis. Provides feedback and coaching to managers on methods for handling guest complaints concerning food quality.
- Utilizes Guest Experience Management (GEM) program to provide feedback to HOH Team Members and makes the adjustments necessary to ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- Facilitates and ensures adherence to new food product rollouts.
- Responsible for ensuring all HOH Team Members meet or exceed our standards for serving quality products, recipe adherence and portioning.
- Communicates with all food vendors and holds food vendors accountable for delivering the highest quality product on a timely basis to our specifications.
- Ensures menu specs (recipes), wall charts, and HOH systems (ticket tracker, line checks, prep lists) are being utilized and are adhered to. Communicates areas of opportunity to the HOH and management team.
- Helps general manager teach, coach and direct managers and Team Members on quality, service and cleanliness standards and proper inventory levels.
- Understands and analyzes pertinent sections of restaurant performance measurement tools (GEM, QSCs, audits, P&L) and trouble-shoots problems areas. Creates and puts action plans in place to address issues. Follows up specifically with HOH Team Members to ensure completion of plans.
- Conducts administrative manager functions (entering invoices, inventory, end of day procedures, etc.).
- Monitors all HOH equipment. Reports equipment repair needs through the facility management system. Follows up to ensure repairs are completed timely.
- Operates the department in a manner consistent with all applicable Board of Health and standard food safety practices. Corrects BOH and Steritech issues immediately
- Responsible for overall food cost. Operates department within company defined variance to legit food cost variance
- Responsible for overall HOH labor results. Operates department within company standard SPLH targets
- Orders all food and paper products from produce vendors and food distributor
- Maintains proper inventory levels on all food and paper products. Inventories are accurate and independently validated.
- Establishes daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly projections.
- Understands the P&L statement, creates action plans for problem areas.
- Completes all other assigned duties or tasks.
- Candidates must be highly motivated, self-directed, and results driven with strong organizational skills, attention to detail and professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess ability and desire to create a fun, exciting environment for both guests and Team Members alike.
- Skilled with basic mathematical computations.
- Proven track record of successfully managing multiple priorities in a fast paced work environment.
- Maintain confidential information, adhere to and enforce company policies, programs, and compliance issues.
- Qualified candidates bring a minimum of 2 years restaurant or retail management experience, and experience managing a restaurant with a full bar is preferred.
- This role requires the completion of a high school education or equivalent, a valid driver's license to travel between units, a satisfactory background check, and the ability to lift 50 pounds regularly. (See additional physical demands below)
- Completion of Buffalo Wild Wings Management Certification program
A. Overall Strength Demands (Check One):
Exerting up to 10lbs. occasionally or negligible weights frequently; sitting most of the time
Exerting up to 20 lbs. occasionally, 10lbs. frequently, or negligible amounts constantly OR requires walking or standing to a significant degree
Exerting 20-50 lbs. occasionally, 10-25 lbs. frequently, or up to 10 lbs. constantly
Exerting 50-100 lbs. occasionally, 25-50 lbs. frequently, or up to 10-20 lbs. constantly
Exerting over 100 lbs. occasionally, 50-100lbs. frequently, or up to 20-50 lbs. constantly
B. Identify the Frequency of each physical demand listed below using the following codes:
2/3 or more of the time
From 1/3 to 2/3 of the time
Up to 1/3 of the time
Less than 1 hour per week
These are descriptions of the way this job is currently physically being performed; it does not address the potential for accommodations if needed.
Requires long periods of standing to review operations
Doing reports, some paperwork, talking to team members and guests
Moving throughout the restaurant
Ability to lift a maximum of 50 lbs. with or without assistance
Ability to carry a maximum of 50 lbs. with or without assistance
Ability to push or pull a maximum of 50 lbs. with or without assistance
Reaching for items in restaurant
Files, storage boxes, small equipment
Computer keyboard, cell phone, calculator, measuring, holding some tools, supplies
Inspecting, setting up restaurant and cleaning
Moving items in restaurant and cleaning
For some inspections and cleaning
Picking up items from floor, inspecting areas and cleaning
Moving, inspecting, setting up restaurant
Possible for inspecting, changing lights, accessing projectors and TVs and cleaning etc.
Standing and reaching/pushing/pulling items
Viewing, inspecting building areas; ensuring work is done appropriately; giving orders, reading maps, monitors and registers.
Receive and interpret information from others-face to face or by phone
Give information and direction to others in discussion.
Anchor materials with foot
C. Machines, Tools, Equipment and Work Aids: (list equipment used in the performance of this job such as PC and peripheral equipment, calculator, office equipment, telephone, copy machine, computer scanner, modem, fax machines, etc.).
Use of all restaurant equipment including but not limited to: headsets, fryers, ovens, microwave, dishwasher, grills and broilers, Bunn hot water dispensers, cash registers, cleaning supplies (mops & brooms), small food prep utensils. Use of some computer and peripheral equipment, register, monitor, calculator, fax machine, copy machine, telephone and credit card machine. Some maintenance includes unclogging toilet, relighting water heater, etc. Office supplies such as notepads, pencils, pens, maps for deliveries etc. Reliable transportation, valid driver's license, acceptable driving record and insurance for positions that require driving: District Manager, General Manager, Department Manager, Assistant Manager, Restaurant Support Manager and Manager in Training.
D. Environmental Factors: (state the climate in which work is performed, i.e., climate-controlled office, outdoors in various times of seasons, retail environment, etc...)
Fast paced work environment. Primarily inside restaurant around food prep and cooking equipment (hot & cold). May need to be outside for inspection of property. Requires frequent immersing of hands in water to wash hands, wash and rinse food and small wares. Some positions require gloves. Delivery, some cleaning/maintenance responsibilities are performed outdoors in the elements like rain, snow, sleet, hail, sun, hot and cold. Ability to work irregular hours, nights, weekends, and holidays. Work with the public. Requires ability to be on-call 24 hours a day and work 50 hours per week.
Apply on company website