The Assistant Farm Lead assists the Farm Lead with all aspects achieving farm production goals, including supervising and coordinating farm workers activities and responsibilities, as well as collecting eggs and maintaining equipment and facilities on farms.
- Competitive Salary
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
- 60 days for Company Housing
- Quarterly Bonus
- 60 to 65 hours per week.
- Education Reimbursement
- Company Vehicle
Essential Duties, Functions and responsibilities:
- Ensures compliance with Animal Care and Well Being procedures/guidelines and monitors birds' health
- Maintain farm grounds and buildings
- Responsible for maintaining feed levels and assists with coordinating feed orders/delivery
- Ensures nesting areas are properly maintained by monitoring quality of litter, shavings and nests
- Participates in work activities to increase productivity
- Monitors ventilation of farm houses and adjusts the lighting program as required
- Ensures compliance with biosecurity guidelines and enforces sanitation procedures
- Communicates equipment conditions and status of supplies to Farm Lead and Service Technician in order to ensure production requirements are met.
- Assigns workers to duties such as collecting, cleaning and sanitizing eggs and feeding and vaccinating turkeys, and cleaning and disinfecting turkeys house
- Directs maintenance and repair of facilities and equipment, such as turkey houses, automatic feeders, waterers and layer nests.
- Implements the rodent and vector control program on the farm
- Prepares various reports, such as Egg Production Reports, Feed Consumption Reports and Turkey Mortality reports.
- Enforces safety regulations and company policies
- Administers medications to birds, if required. Draws blood from birds for government inspection and in accordance with company protocol.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work 6 days each week.
- Ability to understand oral and written instructions, and perform simple tasks
- Ability to perform essential duties in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ability to follow Animal Care Well Being and Bio-Security policies and procedures.
- Ability to maintain and record job related data.
- Ability to work with chemicals, such as detergents, disinfectants, etc.
- Basic skills in reading, writing, and arithmetic.
- Ability to perform work that is repetitive in nature.
- Ability to maintain a valid driver's license and safe driving record.
- Ability to safely operate a company vehicle.
- High School diploma or GED, preferred.
- Minimum 6 months poultry production or related field preferred.
- Standing for long periods of time.
- Grip, grasp or twist using hands and wrists
- Lift, carry, push, and/or pull 50lbs or more.
- Lift overhead 20lbs or more.
- Bend and/or stoop repetitively throughout out shift.
- Working with live animals in a farm environment.
Working Conditions/Department Description:
- Working in a farm environment, including working outdoors and in seasonal conditions such as:
- Working in very hot temperatures.
- Working in very cold temperatures.
- Working in dry and/or dusty environment.
- Working in damp and/or wet climate.
- Working with live animals, and the associated environment, including but not limited to:
- Working around foul odors.
- Working in a loud/noisy environment.
- Working in an environment with substantial dust circulation.
Apply on company website