Job Summary – Serviceperson will have full responsibility for the operation of assigned farms: Production, Bird health, Personnel and all other areas dealing with operation of Turkey farms. Serviceperson will work under and report to Division Manager.
Essential Functions, Duties & Responsibilities
- Supervise and develop a good working relationship with farm managers; provide ongoing support in development and understanding of job skills including turkey management, egg production, cost efficiencies, disease diagnosis, communication skills, corporate policies, procedures and documentation.
- Provide training to farm personnel to further develop skills and enhance performance and productivity.
- Investigate disease problems and coordinate veterinarian recommendations to implement treatment.
- Ensure ACWB and biosecurity procedures and guidelines are followed. Oversee all farm cleanout procedures and salmonella reduction procedures.
- Review Weekly production and performance of farms and identify areas of concern. Take corrective action to correct any deficiencies.
- Make all necessary farm inspections to ensure farms are kept in good condition. Develop a plan to make necessary repairs or upgrades.
- Assumes the duties of subordinates due to vacations and any other absences
- Coordinate with HR for all personnel decisions to maintain proper level of employees for all farm locations.
- Conduct performance evaluations on all management and assist in their professional development.
- Work with the Breeder Division Manager in all areas of farm operations; ensure farms comply with all federal, state and local laws and any regulations of various government agencies to include the USDA, OSHA and others.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of basic turkey husbandry and management.
- Basic computer knowledge; power point, excel and word.
- Ability to effectively communicate with oral and written skills.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Knowledge on proper operation and safety with farm equipment.
- Basic maintenance skills: plumbing, electrical, and carpentry.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree from a college or university with an emphasis on studies in Poultry Science or related field; three to five years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid North Carolina Driver's License required.
Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
Farm setting which involves fowl smells, substantial dust circulation, and loud environment, in often inclement weather. This position also works in an office.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of what is required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not imply or establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Apply on company website