The Demand Planner is responsible for the development of future demand plans for assigned product categories that drive the Supply Chain planning processes.
- Manage forecast using JDA statistical modeling software. Analyze and validate data and present findings to sales, supply planning, and upper-level management.
- Communicate and coordinate with sales, supply planning, and operations teams to discuss planned product promotions to produce more accurate forecasts.
- Propose and implement solutions to reduce forecast error.
- Monitor and report on important changes in sales forecasts, budgets, and business strategies.
- Conduct daily forecast maintenance.
- Address demand related issues in a timely and effective manner.
- Support Continuous Improvement Efforts
- Support the Sales and Operations planning process
Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities:
- The Demand Planner must have strong analytical and statistical knowledge.
- Attention to detail is integral for forecast inputs.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills are needed to generate and analyze reports for weekly and monthly processes.
Education and Experience
- Experience working with one or more of the major forecasting software packages.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Logistics, Mathematics, Statistics, Supply Chain or Economics.
- 3-7 years of business forecasting experience.
- Knowledge of Sales, Marketing, Collaborative Planning, Forecasting and Replenishment (CPFR), VMI and Sales Operations Planning processes.
- APICS certification must be obtained within three years of hire date.
Apply on company website