The Insemination Crew Worker serves as a member of the Insemination Crew and is responsible for various tasks such as manually inseminating hens, vaccinating and moving turkeys.
The Insemination Crew Worker prepares farm houses for Load-Out, loads turkeys onto the truck for shipment, and cleans up the farm after the Load-Out process is complete. Additional responsibilities include serving as a Utility in helping other departments and areas, including but not limited to Insemination, Milking, Vaccination, Egg Picking, Farm Maintenance, and Shavings.
Essential Duties, Functions and Responsibilities:
- Repetitively lifting approximately 700-1600 hens per day and/or lifting approximately 200-600 toms per day (approximately 30lb hens and 75lb toms)
- Properly handling and positioning each of the birds for insemination and vaccination
- Manually inseminate hens and vaccinate birds
- Set up turkey houses for Load Out
- Herd birds within houses, as well as moving birds up ramps and onto trailers for loading
- Herd and/or manually move birds onto loading equipment, such as conveyor belts.
- Manually load birds onto trucks for shipment.
- Maintain proper sanitation by cleaning litter in nesting areas, as well as sweeping, washing and disinfecting houses.
- Serves as a utility in assisting with various tasks, as needed including but not limited to: Farm Labor, Animal Husbandry resposibilities, Vaccination, Insemination, Milking, Maintenance and Shavings.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work 6 days each week, early morning shifts starting around 3:00am-4:00am.
- Ability to understand oral and written instructions, and perform simple tasks
- Ability to perform essential duties in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ability to follow Animal Care Well Being and Bio-Security policies and procedures.
- Ability to maintain and record job related data.
- Ability to work with chemicals, such as detergents, disinfectants, etc.
- Basic skills in reading, writing, and arithmetic.
- Ability to perform work that is repetitive in nature.
- Standing for long periods of time.
- Grip, grasp or twist using hands and wrists repetitively
- Lift, carry, push, and/or pull 65lbs or more live weight, repetitively.
- Bend and/or stoop repetitively throughout out shift.
- Working with live animals in a farm environment.
Working Conditions/Department Description:
- Working in a farm environment, including working outdoors and in seasonal conditions such as:
- Working in very hot temperatures.
- Working in very cold temperatures.
- Working in dry and/or dusty environment.
- Working in damp and/or wet climate.
- Working with live animals, and the associated environment, including but not limited to:
- Working around foul odors, including odors from feces.
- Working in a loud/noisy environment.
- Working in an environment with substantial dust circulation.
Apply on company website