The Maintenance Supervisor will perform complex, non-repetitive, supervisory duties which will monitor department performance on a daily basis. Direct all maintenance associates. Ensure that all paperwork is distributed & being filled out properly in a timely manner. Maintain a safe environment to work in & to monitor all necessary procedures and to oversee the entire installation, operation, maintenance, and modification of facilities, equipment, and physical needs of the plant operation; design/adapt special production machinery; and maintain surveillance over manufacturing processes for the purpose of reducing and controlling costs to facilitate production at maximum efficiency and safety at minimum cost.
Essential Functions, Duties & Responsibilities
- Direct training of associates in electrical, electronic, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic maintenance and repair of machinery and equipment.
- Assist associates in diagnosing malfunctions in machine and equipment. Direct associates in dismantling, assembling and installing industrial machinery during plant repair, modification and/or expansion.
- Interpret company policies to associates and enforce safety regulations.
- Suggest changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop, department and/or maintenance crews.
- Initiate and/or suggest plans to motivate associates to achieve company goals.
- Conduct training programs for department associates on specific equipment.
- Analyze, resolve, repair, and construction and/or equipment modification problems or assist associates and/or contractors in solving related problems.
- Interpret specifications, blue prints and job orders to associates and outside contractors. Establish or adjust work procedures to meet project and production schedules.
- Recommend measures to improve production methods, equipment performance and quality of product. Confer with manager and supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments relative to maintenance and construction projects.
- Plan, budget and schedule facility modifications including cost estimates, bid sheets, layouts and contract for construction and acquisitions
Scheduling of personnel and project teams to include outside contractors
Other responsibilities as assigned by plant management
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Background in Mechanical, Chemical, or Electrical Industry
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
Education & Experience:
Generally requires 4 or more years of work experience with 3 years in the Mechanical, Chemical, or Electrical Industry with a four year degree from an accredited college/university.
Apply on company website