The Maintenance Supervisor will perform complex, non-repetitive, supervisory duties which will monitor department performance on a daily basis. Direct all maintenance associates. Ensure that all paperwork is distributed & being filled out properly in a timely manner. Maintain a safe environment to work in & to monitor all necessary procedures and to oversee the entire installation, operation, maintenance, and modification of facilities, equipment, and physical needs of the plant operation; design/adapt special production machinery; and maintain surveillance over manufacturing processes for the purpose of reducing and controlling costs to facilitate production at maximum efficiency and safety at minimum cost.
Essential Functions, Duties & Responsibilities
- Direct training of associates in electrical, electronic, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic maintenance and repair of machinery and equipment.
- Assist associates in diagnosing malfunctions in machine and equipment. Direct associates in dismantling, assembling and installing industrial machinery during plant repair, modification and/or expansion.
- Interpret company policies to associates and enforce safety regulations.
- Suggest changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop, department and/or maintenance crews.
- Initiate and/or suggest plans to motivate associates to achieve company goals.
- Conduct training programs for department associates on specific equipment.
- Analyze, resolve, repair, and construction and/or equipment modification problems or assist associates and/or contractors in solving related problems.
- Interpret specifications, blue prints and job orders to associates and outside contractors. Establish or adjust work procedures to meet project and production schedules.
- Recommend measures to improve production methods, equipment performance and quality of product. Confer with manager and supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments relative to maintenance and construction projects.
- Plan, budget and schedule facility modifications including cost estimates, bid sheets, layouts and contract for construction and acquisitions
- Scheduling of personnel and project teams to include outside contractors
- Other responsibilities as assigned by plant management
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Background in Mechanical, Chemical, or Electrical Industry
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
Education & Experience:
Generally requires 4 or more years of work experience with 3 years in the Mechanical, Chemical, or Electrical Industry with a four year degree from an accredited college/university.
Apply on company website