Daily management of the Planning & Scheduling and Receiving & Supplies departments. Constant monitoring and managing of team to improve safety, food safety, quality, labor efficiency, and inventory levels of raw materials and finished goods. Responsible for the plant planning and production scheduling processes. Development and implementation of supply chain best practices and technologies to support these functions. Work closely with Purchasing and Production to make certain supplies and ingredients are available when needed, while working constantly to minimize inventory levels of these items. Lead investigation of variances as compared to standards or goals to identify root cause and systematic corrections.
Essential Functions, Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversees the plant production scheduling processes. Develops and maintains a daily master production schedule from basic processing thru further processing at the Mt. Olive facility to meet the inventory and customer service goals and the deployment activities for assigned items to ensure days of supply balance between distribution centers.
- Maintains minimum and maximum inventories by classification, establishes strategic frozen inventories that support the different operational strategies. Plans/controls production and establishes inventory distribution goals to avoid over production or over deployment and minimize distressed product and minimize changeovers.
- Coordinating activities with the grow out and supply planning staff to maintain weekly and daily kill schedules as well as updating of reports concerning the live bird supply status
- Develops and maintains plant production scheduling models
- Develops and maintains plant capacity models, to include loading in of forecasts to complete analysis and determine short and available capacity
- Maintain accurate and adequate inventories of raw materials, supplies, and ingredients necessary for all schedules to be met, on time and as scheduled
- Daily and weekly cycle counts of inventory as required by Accounting
- Accurate and timely transactions for receiving, release, and return of all direct and indirect supplies that are warehoused in your areas of responsibility
- Controlling labor costs, supply costs and repair costs in accordance with planned budgets
- Coordinating activities with the Grow Out staff to maintain weekly and daily kill schedules as well as updating of reports concerning the live bird supply status
- Daily, weekly, monthly, and year to date tracking of production actual versus schedule, and versus capacity
- Monitoring the production groups' usage of SAP and related functions around that such as Bills of Materials for WIP and finished materials, routings for production thru put and labor tracking, error processing of material movements within SAP to assure accurate and timely inventories, monitoring actual material usage in accordance to standards and resolving variances in such usage
- Work closely with QA to develop and adhere to all specifications and AQLs as it relates to items warehoused in areas of responsibility
- Work closely with R&D in the process of product development and commercialization
- Active member of plant recall team. Specifically, in the event of a recall, this group works closely with QA and Manufacturing to accomplish product trace in the time frame as set forth in policy.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge and experience with master planning processes (Supply, Demand, Scheduling, MRP and Sales Operations Planning processes). Solid working knowledge of one or more of the major supply planning tools (Logility, SAP, APO, JDA, Infor, or other related supply chain technologies). SAP MRP system skills specifically around production planning implementation or major process improvements.
- Knowledge of marketing processes and procedures within a retail and food service company.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Access and Excel. Able to work effectively in a cross-functional capacity within the organization.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at the same time.
- Strong analytical and statistical skills.
- Excellent change management, project management, and communication skills.
- Ability to lead and drive a continuous improvement process across an organization.
- Familiarity with lean manufacturing methods, inventory management, warehouse management.
- Familiarity with product costing, production routings, material usage requirements, bills of materials, and inventory maintenance processes.
- Experience with major information systems, to include implementation within the production floor environment.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Marketing, Logistics, Mathematics, Statistics, Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Economics or similar field required; MBA preferred
- CFPIM or CFSC certification strongly preferred
- At least five (5) years of supply chain planning experience
- At least ten (10) years of relevant business experience in the food processing or retail consumer packaged goods industry
- At least three (3) years of supervisory experience with direct reports
Apply on company website