This position will have overall responsibility of managing, planning, and directing the production of products in various areas to produce products safely and consistent with quality specifications. This position will manage front-line supervisors within the department and coordinate activities of the department to meet production needs and ensure an efficient and safe operation. Will ensure that the department operates within compliance of HACCP, USDA and OSHA and ensure associates comply with facility safety rules and company policies.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Manage the daily manufacturing operation of all areas for which they are responsible and ensure production goals and standards are met, including safety of associates and quality of product.
- Ensure all quality and regulatory standards, specifications and policies are met or exceeded.
- Confer with Operations Manager and Production Scheduler to confirm production schedule for their areas of responsibility.
- Confer with USDA and QA as needed with regard to issues with their area of responsibility.
- Ensure maximum use of department's available capacity and effective use of labor, tools, and equipment.
- Maintain optimum line speeds, efficient crewing, proficient yields, and have accountability for all variances.
- Review and analyze production reports to ensure achievement of safety, quality and product cost efficiency goals are met or exceeded
- Monitors to ensure that appropriate production records, safety reports, and HR reports are completed and maintained as necessary
- Review all cost, identifying and implementing necessary operation all changes to manage cost and remain within budget
Education & Experience:
- BS degree in Business, Poultry, Animal or Food Science, or related field or equivalent training and experience required
- 3 – 5 years relevant experience in a Supervisory or higher-level management role is required
- Poultry or Meat Processing plant experience is preferred
Additional Responsibilities :
The Raw Retail Superintendent assists the Operations Manager with evaluation and input regarding processing methods and equipment and also assists in the implementation of new processing methods, systems, and equipment.
Apply on company website