Monitor product attributes to assure product quality is at targeted levels of the customer product specifications. Assure food safety, regulatory and company compliance. Assure compliance with all established safety procedures. Ensure all required checks and tests are performed within the plant as prescribed in the USDA regulations the Butterball LLC Policies and the HACCP program. Supervises Quality Assurance Technicians in the specific department. Responsible for retained product releases. Maintain the technical expertise of assigned technicians with recurring training in all areas with their functional area.
Essential Functions, Duties & Responsibilities:
- Review paperwork from previous day and ensure proper procedures are followed.
- Reports directly to the quality Assurance Manager
- Works closely with USDA
- Supervise QA technicians.
- Work on Plant floor following up with technicians and operations to ensure quality and food safety.
- Communicate with all levels of management to ensure they maintain control of the process.
- Review and approve Kronos time of Technicians
- Attend various meetings and participate on cross functional teams
- Assists with customer and third party audits and audit preparation
- Troubleshoots plant quality problems
- Troubleshoots plant sanitation problems
- Assists with facility audits
- Assists plant the development of process control procedures and monitoring
- Assists with plant process and product improvement projects
- Training/Coaching of QA techs as well as operations when necessary
- Supervising all QA functions in the facility on the weekends on a rotational basis
- Consistent, regular attendance at work for assigned work schedule.
- Knowledgeable of product specifications and plant quality procedures, plant HACCP plan
- Participate in investigation of product failures and customer complaints.
- Attend and participate in various meeting and task teams, Lead or guide meetings as needed.
- Trouble shoot, investigate and respond to customer complaints
- Review and assist with the response to Non-Compliances
- 80% floor presence
- Other duties as assigned by QA Manager or Director of QA
- Promote and train on GMP's and Food Safety
- Daily SOP audits
- Monitor contractor and construction projects.
- Must be able to work weekends
- Must me able to work all hours assigned
- Must be flexible for shift work and weekends
- Must be willing to cross-train in other areas of the facility in QA roles
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to learn and understand HACCP principals
- Ability to manage time and technical skills
- Familiar with GMP's, Food Safety, HACCP, USDA and SSOP's
- Ability to write reports and procedures
- Ability to perform a risk analysis
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers
- The ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry as necessary to perform the duties requires.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Interpersonal skills for the supervision of entry level Quality technicians.
- Good communication skills and ability to work in a team based environment
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Food Science, Meat Science or related field or equivalent experience (preferred) High School education (required)
- 2 – 4 years' experience in poultry processing and pre-operational sanitation (required)
- 2 – 4 years' supervisory experience (required)
- Retail (Tray Pack/Ground Products) experience preferred but not required.
- HACCP Certified (preferred but not required, must be willing to become certified)
- Cold and wet industrial environment
- May require long periods of time on feet
- May require a lot of walking
- Must be able to read reports, evaluate data and use computer
- Times when long hours are required
Apply on company website