Provides direct support to professional Division Manager(s) and/or professional Service Technician(s) to ensure that daily flock and egg production duties and processes are carried out in compliance with Butterball standards, work procedures, and production specifications. This is a vital position responsible for supporting a culture of teamwork, safety, quality, high performance and continuous improvement in production.
Essential Functions, Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform flock production duties, including but not limited to: Insemination; Vaccination; and Tom Milking (Semen Collection).
- Perform egg production duties, including but not limited to removing hens from nesting boxes to collect, grade, and sort eggs, as scheduled.
- Examine birds to ensure proper health status.
- Set up or maintain laboratory equipment and collect samples from birds. Prepare specimens or record data to support professional Service Technicians and/or Division Manager.
- Record data pertaining to animal care.
- Prepare laboratory samples for analysis, following proper protocols to ensure efficient, effective storage, preparation and disposal.
- Collect animal samples.
- Supervise pest control operations, including locating and identifying pests, selecting chemicals and application methods, or scheduling application.
- Supervise or train agricultural technicians or farm laborers.
- Record environmental data from field samples of air, water ph, chlorine levels.
- Conduct insect or poultry disease surveys.
- Maintain or repair agricultural facilities, equipment, or tools to ensure operational readiness, safety, and cleanliness.
- Operate farm machinery, including tractors, tillers, mowers, sprayers, or trucks.
- Perform laboratory testing on semen to evaluate viability of semen, such as motility, Pack Cell Volumes (PCV), or proper dilution ratios for use in insemination process.
- Control environmental conditions such as temperature, light, and dust.
- Prepare or present agricultural demonstrations.
- Conduct Clean Out, sanitation, disinfection, and farm set-up activities.
Minimum Qualifications (Education & Experience):
- High school diploma or GED and successful completion of two (2) years of post-secondary training in a relevant educational program such as animal science, poultry science, veterinary technology, or related.
- Previous work experience in live animal operations.
Apply on company website