$800 Sign On Bonus paid after successful completion of 90 days working as a Cook II!
External Applicants only. Current CCCR employees are not eligible to receive sign on bonus
Being a part of the Cache Creek team comes with amazing benefits:
- Great Pay
- Opportunities to Grow
- Gas Discounts
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Recognition Program
- Free meals in our Employee Dining Room
- Weekly Paychecks
- Affordable Healthcare
- Medical Insurance
- Vision Care Insurance
- 401k Savings Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Direct Deposit
Ensure the highest quality food preparation and presentation in the kitchen stations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prepare all necessary menu items and specialty items - like Banquet menu items - including soups and sauces, as directed by the Chef-on-Duty.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding by executing quality food production and presentation.
- Communicate effectively with both the front and back of house staff.
- Take daily inventory of the production walk-ins, produce a production list based on this information and present it to the Chef-on-Duty for verification.
- Communicate with peers on daily tasks, production checklist and Casino events.
- Prepare hot food, cold food sandwiches, salads and dressings as needed.
- Operate machineries such as Power Mixers, Slicer, Emulsifier, Steamer etc. upon completion of training with culinary management: documented with signature sheets.
- Operate large volume cooking such as Grill, Deep Fryers, Griddles, Salamander, Stove Tops, Ovens, Soup Kettles, Tilt Skillets and Steamers along with new equipment in the future.
- Perform the 6 basic knife cuts:
- Allumette: A basic knife cut measuring ¼ inch × ¼ inch × 2½ inches.
- Large Dice: A basic knife cut measuring ¾ inch × ¾ inch × ¾ inch.
- Medium Dice: A basic knife cut measuring ½ inch × ½ inch × ½ inch.
- Small Dice: A basic knife cut measuring ¼ inch × ¼ inch × ¼ inch.
- Batonnet: A basic knife cut measuring ½ inch × ½ inch × 2½-3 inches.
- Julienne: A basic knife cut measuring 1/8 inch × 1/8 inch × 2½ inches.
- Demonstrate knife skills by completing the following tasks within the time allotted:
- Dice a 30 pound case of yellow onions in 25 minutes or less.
- Slice a 20 pound case of squash in 12 minutes or less.
- Proficient Grill, Sauté, and Broiling techniques.
- Follow recipes and set up documentation.
- Comprehensive preparation of Mexican, Italian and American Cuisine.
- Understand and display proper handling of meat, fish, poultry, vegetables and dairy products in accordance with HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point) standards; organize a speed rack in proper order.
- Check the quality and temperature of food, ensuring product consistency with health standards followed by using Time and Temperature Logs.
- Rotate food in coolers, dry storage and utilize mise en place to ensure freshness and reduce waste and spoilage. (FIFO, First In First Out: The product that is received first needs to be used first)
- Prepare food to the highest standards of culinary quality.
- Clean, sanitize, and restock workstations, storeroom and walk in refrigerators.
- Set up mise en place for all stations.
- Help others as needed - various banquet productions and/or other outlets - thus contributing to an environment where teamwork prevails.
- Keep work areas and refrigerators clean, sanitized and organized at all times.
- Report all faulty equipment or unsafe conditions immediately.
- Maintain professional grooming and appearance and act as a role model according to established grooming and appearance policy.
- Willing to learn additional skills from mentor.
- Assists guests with special requests.
- Comply with all Cache Creek Casino Resort safety, health and sanitation policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by the Chef on Duty.
- Assist with special events as needed.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required; or 1 year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have knife and equipment skills and knowledge of hot & cold food. 1 year kitchen service including 6 months in equivalent position at a high quality restaurant, resort or hotel, or combination of education and experience.
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Cache Creek Casino Resort Tribal Gaming License.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; extreme cold; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock and second hand tobacco smoke. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Apply on company website