Being a part of the Cache Creek team comes with amazing benefits:
- Great Pay
- Opportunities to Grow
- Gas Discounts
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Recognition Program
- Free meals in our Employee Dining Room
- Weekly Paychecks
- Affordable Healthcare
- Medical Insurance
- Vision Care Insurance
- 401k Savings Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Direct Deposit
Reporting to the Mini Mart Supervisor, the Mini Mart Attendant is responsible for providing fast, friendly and courteous guest service. The top priority of the Mini Mart Attendant is to be knowledgeable of all store merchandise, use suggestive selling techniques with customers, and to operate cash register and accurately balance cash drawer on a daily basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Knowledgeable of all store merchandise and communicate this knowledge in a friendly and helpful manner to customers.
- Answer questions of location, use and price of merchandise.
- Able to use suggestive selling techniques with customers.
- Inspects merchandise prior to wrap/bagging to verify that merchandise is in satisfactory condition.
- Able to operate cash register to total guest's purchases and accurately balance cash drawer on a daily basis
- Assist in stocking store displays as needed. Obtains merchandise from stockroom as necessary.
- Maintain cleanliness of store by re-shelving merchandise, dusting, vacuuming, etc.
- Obtain merchandise from stockroom when merchandise not on floor or on display par.
- Able to review price sheets for price change/adjustment.
- Able to collect cash, check, charge for each transaction.
- Balance cash drawer at the beginning and end of each shift.
- Accurately note spoilage or damage of any/all items carried in stock.
- Work with buyers for suggestions on re-orders of merchandise and customer requests.
- Effectively resolve customer complaints to the benefit of the guest, department and resort.
- Demonstrate a calm, organized approach in all situations.
- Foster collaboration both with members of your work team and with colleagues.
- Assist in periodic, special and/or perpetual inventory of store.
- Participate in in-store training or product knowledge seminars.
- Demonstrate a guest service attitude
- Maintain a positive, friendly and caring attitude with guests, colleagues and resort personnel.
- Maintain a professional appearance reflective of the hotel image and conduct behavior in a mature and professional manner.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must be at least 21 years of age.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Cache Creek Casino Resort Tribal Gaming License.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and Second hand tobacco smoke. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Other Skills and Abilities
Highly motivated, energetic and quality oriented individual. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Required work schedule may include evenings, nights, weekends and holidays. Knowledge of Verifone Ruby Point-of-Sale and Amcom Back Office Systems a definite plus. Self motivated. May be required to assist other departments within the division. Assures safety and security policies and procedures are followed.
Ability to remain calm and poised under pressure. Must be a team player but be able to work well independently. Must have flexible hours. Effective listener and communicator. Maintain a professional appearance reflective of the hotel image and conduct behavior in a mature and professional manner.
Apply on company website