Education Development Specialist - Clinical - req520
Canon Medical Systems is currently seeking an Education Development Specialist - Clinical to serve as the modality clinical expert in areas of product knowledge and utilization, clinical applications practice, education and a leader in communicating new findings to the applications specialist team. Act as a liaison with the Business Unit on product launches, product testing and clinical data. Assist in the design, development and implementation of educational programs for internal and external customers.
- Assist and provide feedback to engineering, BU's and National Service Support in Beta testing procedures for new software, hardware and enhanced features of new products.
- Train, maintain and evaluate technical competency among applications specialists, to include on-site evaluation.
- Train and periodically evaluate applications specialist on demo skills.
- Establish, maintain and update a BU/NCSS/Applications/Service communications network for the efficient transfer of pertinent information.
- Participate in NPI (New Product Introduction) meetings and clinical evaluation process.
- Act as a SME (Subject Matter Expert) to develop and maintain customer continuing education programs for ASRT and necessary training programs to introduce new product/software to applications specialists.
- Assist BU in image selection and pre show training for company trade shows and seminars.
- Screen applicants for new hire applications specialists.
- Participate in international clinical applications training meetings.
- Develop and implement training and mentoring programs for the applications specialists.
- Provide performance feedback to employee.
- Assist BU/Sales in training of Modality Managers/sales.
- Assist Applications Management in annual review of employees for technical skill sets.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Previous teaching experience a plus.
- Proficient Computer skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Effective presentation skills.
- Due to extensive travel, must be able to incur substantial credit charges, which will be reimbursed in accordance with Company policy.
- Valid drivers license.
- 2 Year / Associate's Degree - Healthcare related field required.
- 5yrs Clinical experience, in appropriate modality - Vascular/ IR, at a hospital or imaging center.
- Required ARRT, RT(R) and VI
- 25% travel required
- Position based in Irvine, CA (office based)
Canon Medical Systems USA, Inc., a world leader in diagnostic imaging, is in search of qualified candidates to fill our open positions. Canon Medical Systems offers a competitive salary and benefits package, we support a diverse workplace and are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability. We invite you to join and become part of our Canon family.
Apply on company website