Carle Health, one of the leading healthcare providers in Central and Southern Illinois, is seeking an experienced and dynamic physician leader to join our expanding organization asMedical Directorof Carle Richland Memorial Hospital in Olney, Illinois.
Key Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Participate in key leadership meetings and forums to develop relationships with team members;
- Develop a care model and culture centered on optimal care for patients and the communities that Carle Richland Memorial Hospital serves
- Develop policy and protocols to advance our virtual care capability and access to services
- Provide direction and leadership for CRMHs Associate and Assistant Medical Directors
- Set a strategic vision for CRMH that helps attain quality, patient experience, and growth goals, which includes the development of new clinical programs, expansion of services to new markets, and advancement of clinical research, teaching and education
- Collaborate with community partners to create educational programs to develop a sustainable healthcare workforce for our communities
- Work collaboratively with their dyad partner to foster relationships in the communities we serve to advance our strategic goals
- Collaborate with CRMH hospital leaders, Carle Health system leaders, and local community groups to develop a plan for improving community health through addressing social determinants of health
- Partner with other community leaders to create a strategic economic development plan for the region
- Position will report directly to the Executive Vice President and Chief Medical Officer of Carle Health and work as a dyad partner with the Chief Executive Officer of Carle Richland Memorial Hospital
- Must be willing to live in and be an active part of the community
- Olney is one hour from Evansville, Indiana and is less than three hours from Indianapolis and St. Louis. Abundance of outdoor recreational activities, quality education, friendly neighborhoods, and affordable housing provide an ideal setting for personal and professional satisfaction for the single person or family
- Doctor of Medicine from an accredited school of medicine; board certification in primary area of clinical practice required
- Advanced degree such as a healthcare MBA, MHA, MMM or comparable formal education in healthcare management and leadership is highly desired
- Ten or more years of clinical practice experience; five years of physician leadership experience
- Proven effectiveness as a physician leader in building and maintaining strong rapport with leadership of a clinical enterprise across an integrated health system, its community hospitals and practice partners
- Exceptional communication skills with a presence that encourages consensus building, collaboration and cooperation
- Ability to translate knowledge, innovation, policy and quality/safety data into actions to improve patient outcomes
Based in Urbana, Illinois, Carle Health is a physician-led, vertically integrated healthcare system caring for a patient base of 1.5 million. Carle is anchored by the Level 1 trauma, 433-bed, Carle Foundation Hospital in addition to 4 hospital facilities throughout central and southern Illinois including the 104-bed Carle Richland Memorial Hospital; Carle Medical Group, the 1,000+ physician multispecialty group; the Health Alliance Health Plan and numerous health related businesses.
Carle Health, one of the leading healthcare providers in Central and Southern Illinois, is seeking an experienced and dynamic physician leader t...
Apply on company website