DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Surgery department. Submit your application today!
We are seeking a Surgical Services Technician ORT On Call for our center to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!
Our employees come first. We provide a total compensation package to make sure your needs are met. Choose the medical coverage package that best suits you. Look after your loved ones while still getting paid with our Paid Family Leave. Plan for your future with our matching 401k or opt-in for several other benefits including tuition assistance, student loan repayment, family and medical flex spending accounts, life insurance, and identity theft protection.
- Technologist (ST), under the supervision of a registered nurse, provides intraoperative technical skills in surgical interventions to the infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patient population.
- The ST is responsible for preparing the sterile field with equipment and instruments, utilizing perioperative standards and principles to assure the highest level of sterility and quality outcomes for the surgical patient.
- Promotes cost-effective supply usage.
- Responsible in assisting the RN with planning and implementation of patient care.
- Responsible for maintaining current knowledge of AORN recommended practices and hospital policies/ standards of this facility.
- Utilizes effective communication skills and interacts with others in a courteous manner.
- Participates in performance improvement activities to assure continuous quality improvement.
- Maintains cultural and diversity awareness when dealing with patients, visitors, co-workers, and all other customers.
- Promotes a supportive, teamwork-oriented environment.
- Fulfills departmental responsibilities with the long-range plan, mission, vision and values of CMC.
- Promotes and maintains patient safety standards.
You are paid a guaranteed 40 hours a week similar to a salaried employee. You are on call Monday-Friday 3p-7a, but that is your only commitment (you have your day free.) You must work a minimum of 10 hours a week, but still get paid for a full 40!
No weekend call. One holiday call a year.
Must have experience in multi specialties and minimum 1 year experience.
Apply Online Today to join this great Surgical Services Team!
About Cartersville Medical Center…
Nestled among beautiful mountains, the Etowah River, and Lake Allatoona, charming Cartersville, Georgia is the perfect place to call home and only minutes from vibrant Metro Atlanta. Home to Cartersville Medical Center, a growing 119-bed acute care hospital and regional cancer center, you'll love the family-oriented, patient-centered work environment with Healthgrades five-star rated service lines. Explore the history-rich Smithsonian affiliated museums; shop the unique downtown boutiques; play at Lakepoint Sporting Community; float the river in a kayak, canoe or tube; and enjoy the many community events and festivals year-round. Education options include top rated schools with championship athletic programs and Georgia Highlands College, a two-year institution of the University System of Georgia. Live, work and play in Cartersville, while being minutes away from Atlanta and Chattanooga. Visit the metro areas, then come home to Cartersville. Learn more at http://www.cartersvillemedical.com/.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Previous OR experience required.
- Graduate of a recognized school for surgical technologists or has commensurate ORT experience.
- Basic Healthcare Provider (BLS) Certification required within 90 days of hire or promotion.
- Competency to assist in endoscopy procedures, ordering supplies, and sterile processing.
- CST certification preferred.
- Must be within 30 minutes of facility when on call.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website