DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Surgery department. Submit your application today!
We are seeking a Surgical Services Technician (Full Time - Days) for our center to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!
Our employees come first. We provide a total compensation package to make sure your needs are met. Choose the medical coverage package that best suits you. Look after your loved ones while still getting paid with our Paid Family Leave. Plan for your future with our matching 401k or opt-in for several other benefits including tuition assistance, student loan repayment, family and medical flex spending accounts, life insurance, and identity theft protection.
Cartersville Medical Center is a 119-bed acute care hospital, Chest Pain Center, Certified Primary Stroke Center, Level III Trauma Center, Certified Total Joint program and Gold Seal Inpatient Diabetes program facility accredited by the Joint Commission. The Breast Imaging Center at The Women's Center provides mammography services that are gold seal accredited by the American College of Radiology. The Advanced Wound Healing Center provides specialized treatment for chronic or non-healing wounds. The Hope Center, a regional, Commission on Cancer approved cancer treatment facility, is conveniently located on the hospital campus and provides over 4,000 treatments with over 300 new patients per year from a ten county region.
Cartersville Medical Center is currently looking for a Surgical Services Technologist (Full-Time).
- Technologist (ST), under the supervision of a registered nurse, provides intraoperative technical skills in surgical interventions to the infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patient population.
- The ST is responsible for preparing the sterile field with equipment and instruments, utilizing perioperative standards and principles to assure the highest level of sterility and quality outcomes for the surgical patient.
- Promotes cost-effective supply usage.
- Responsible in assisting the RN with planning and implementation of patient care.
- Responsible for maintaining current knowledge of AORN recommended practices and hospital policies/ standards of this facility.
- Utilizes effective communication skills and interacts with others in a courteous manner.
- Participates in performance improvement activities to assure continuous quality improvement.
- Maintains cultural and diversity awareness when dealing with patients, visitors, co-workers, and all other customers.
- Promotes a supportive, teamwork-oriented environment.
- Fulfills departmental responsibilities with the long-range plan, mission, vision and values of CMC.
- Promotes and maintains patient safety standards.
Healthcare Corporation of America (HCA) is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER's, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility based staff continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten HCA hospitals have been named in IBM Watson Health's top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. Come unlock the possibilities and apply today!We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Previous OR experience preferred.
- Graduate of a recognized school for surgical technologists or has commensurate ORT experience.
- Basic Healthcare Provider (BLS) Certification required within 90 days of hire or promotion.
- Competency to assist in endoscopy procedures, ordering supplies, and sterile processing.
- CST certification preferred.
- Must be within 30 minutes of facility when on call.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website