The Sterile Processing Lead is responsible for overall function of the Sterile Processing Department (SPD), the SPD Techs and in decontamination, cleaning, assembly, packaging and sterilization of surgical instruments and trays, preparation of case carts and other related duties as assigned. The SPD Lead will work in collaboration with Surgical Services leadership regarding, schedules, on-call, and the workflow to accommodate surgical throughput. The SPD lead will reinforce the policies and procedures of the SPD that align with best practice guidelines. The SPD Lead will serve as a mentor for the sterile processing department, developing, guiding, and holding staff accountable.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- High School Diploma or GED desirable.
- Current American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS).
- Graduate of an accredited Central Sterile Processing program.
- Current Central Service Processing Certification or Certified Operating Room Technician required
- Minimum two (2) years acute hospital sterile processing experience or equivalent.
- Minimum one (1) year leadership and/or relief lead experience in an acute hospital
- Skill based knowledge in safely handling delicate, precision instruments for processing.
- Organized work, able to work quickly and efficiently in a demanding environment.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
- Capable of safely performing functions indigenous to the position, including sitting for long periods of time, mobility, lifting, squatting, reaching overhead and repetitive use of the upper extremities. It is the policy of Casa Colina Hospital to provide reasonable accommodations
Apply on company website