**GENEROUS SIGN ON BONUS, EVENING, NIGHT AND WEEKEND DIFFERENTIALS OFFERED**
POSITION SUMMARY: To provide the administration of medicines based on current state regulations.
1. Receives report at the beginning of shift with nurses. Reports any observations concerning customer condition, emergency situations or difficulties with medications to the supervising nurse throughout shift should they occur;
2. Administers routine oral, topical and suppository medications as prescribed by the physician. Document same on MAR;
3. Administers prn medications as prescribed by the physician, as directed by the licensed nurse. Documents same on MAR;
4. Maintains medication supply, assists with ordering of new medications, reorders existing medications and restocks medicine carts as needed;
5. Recognizes the significance and is able to perform accurate vital sign monitoring when indicated by drug therapy;
6. Maintains current knowledge base regarding any medication he/she administers. Investigates/looks up unknown medications before administration;
7. Checks all first doses against physician order sheet; does not administer medication based on verbal order of nurse;
8. Prepares, administers and charts oral, topical and suppository medication as prescribed by physician;
9. Processes physician's orders to ensure proper administration;
10. Orders medications, as indicated by doctor's orders;
11. Participates in the completion of treatments of customers as directed by a Licensed Nurse;
12. Notes and reports any unusual conditions, emergency situations, or difficulties with medication to the Licensed Nurse;
13. Cleans medication treatment carts and medicine room;
14. Stocks medicine room;
15. Performs Certified Nursing Assistant duties as needed;
16. Puts Customer Service First: Ensures that customers and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the individuals' needs and rights;
17. May be asked to work the floor as a CNA as well 18. Performs other duties as requested.
SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: A Certified Medicine Aide (C.M.A.) has the qualifications of a Certified Nursing Assistant with one year of experience in nursing and has completed a state-approved medicine course with a passing grade and has a valid licensed issued from the State Board of Nursing.
Position Type: Full Time
Req ID: 317515
Center Name: Casa Real Center
Apply on company website