Department: Diagnostic Imaging
St. Luke's Sugar Land Hospital is an acute care hospital offering medical and surgical services to the Fort Bend community. Clinical services include heart and vascular, gastroenterology, neurosciences, diagnostic imaging, women services, orthopedics, and surgical services including the latest in robotic surgery technology, the da Vinci® Xi. The hospital offers The University of Texas MD Anderson Regional Care Center on its campus. Sugar Land Hospital is a Pink Ribbon Facility offering 3-D digital mammography-one of only 100 sites in the United States.
Operates diagnostic equipment and Performs a variety of technical diagnostic imaging procedures related to CT. Provides patient orientation, procedure explanation, and pre and post diagnostic care to completion of test. Performs complete diagnostic imaging tests inclusive of positioning patient, calibration of equipment, and documentation of findings, with the direction of the imaging supervisor/manager. Assists patients with basic patient care needs.
- Performs CT exams on patients according to the specific departmental procedure protocols under the direction of the Medical Director.
- Prepares equipment ensuring that equipment is operational, safe and functioning according to diagnostic standards
- Problem-solves equipment failure and imaging quality and contacts service representative or CES regarding equipment problems
- Ensures that daily equipment and room maintenance are performed during/ after each procedure, and that special precautions and measures are performed to ensure infection control standards.
- Completes all quality checks and Ensures that equipment logs are maintained
- Completes all clinical supply inventories, ensuring that each diagnostic room is complete with the necessary supplies required to perform the procedure
- Actively Participates with patient testing, performing routine, non-routine, urgent, and emergent patient requests
- Reviews the physician orders to verify the type of diagnostic test requested and that the indication for the procedure is consistent
- Communicates with Radiologist to obtain proper exam protocol/test design.
- Provides specific diagnostic test information to the patient ensuring that the patient is aware of the diagnostic test involvement.
- Performs Point of Care testing for lab tests according to hospital guidelines.
- Effectively starts IVs following hospital guidelines.
- Completes the diagnostic examination and all image post processing.
- Demonstrates competency in PACS process and Performs daily QA process
- Completes image processing, including supporting documentation of logs, demographic and diagnostic information required for departmental, hospital and patient record documentation.
- Responsible for monitoring and recording radiation dose levels.
- Notifies Radiologist with any diagnostic findings, which warrant communication.
Education and Licensure Required:
- Associate's Degree preferred
- Registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists – ARRT (R ) (CT); must maintain current Certified by the state of Texas - MRT
- CPR/BLS certification
- One (1) year experience as a Radiographer
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Good alpha/numeric dexterity and handwriting skills
- Interpersonal skills for communication with patients, visitors, physicians and other hospital personnel.
- Must have good written and oral communication skills
- Requisition ID: 2020-R0274659
- Schedule: Part-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Market: CHI St. Luke's Sugar Land Hospital
Apply on company website