The Woodlands Hospital
A primary and secondary care hospital serving North Harris and Montgomery counties. Clinical services include cardiovascular services, diagnostic imaging, women's services (digital mammography and bone density studies), neurosciences, pediatric care (Newborn and Level II nurseries) and surgery, pathology and pulmonary services, and sleep disorders. Clinical affiliations include The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center's Radiation Treatment Center, and Texas Children's Hospital.
Has accountability for assigned area(s) and Coordinates between services. The major responsibilities include: providing leadership and communication to the staff and physicians working with the area. will assure the work environment adheres to regulatory requirements, departmental practices and processes reflect high quality standards which support excellence in patient care and a safe environment for patients, employees, physicians, visitors and guests. Must assure quality standards are implemented and maintained, and revisions to processes are updated and revised as appropriate. Must carefully manage a large fiscal budget which included supply expenses and labor cost. They must also lead the capital budget planning in their area and manage human resources efficiently. Monitor metrics to validate performance against national and system benchmarks and to ensure the delivery of competent clinical practice is consistently achieved.
1. Demonstrates positive leadership skills and communication which results in achievement of outcomes.
2. Articulates departmental goals and objectives allowing staff to actively participate in clinical decision-making.
3. Facilitates high quality work environment by addressing the needs of the department.
4. Ensures that appropriate equipment and supplies are available to provide effective and efficient nursing care.
5. Leads quality programs (e.g.SCIP, HCAPS) and Works to develop action plans for continuous improvement.
6. Develops, reviews, and Maintains fiscal budget within established targets. Monitors overtime, labor costs, medical supply expenses, and Works with purchasing partner to obtain strong supply contract pricing.
7. Assure staffing patterns are flexed according to unit activity and patient acuity.
8. Analyzes budget variances and Implements appropriate action plans.
9. Develop and manage the annual capital budget, establishing equipment priorities based on patient unit needs, physician recruitment activities, and revenue potential.
10. Identifies and Implements major hospital cost savings
11. Identifies new revenue-producing opportunities within the surgical service.
12. Facilitates professional growth and development of staff.
13. Demonstrates accountability for human and material resource management
14. Complies with personnel policies and procedures. Ensures that job standards are understood by employees.
15. Evaluates orientation process effectiveness.
16. Ensures that payroll is accurate and timely.
17. Clinically competent to evaluate clinical care standards in the OR.
18. Ensures effective delivery of competent, compassionate nursing care.
19. Establishes strong, working relationship with surgeons and anesthesiologists. Develops collaborative processes and achieves efficiencies within department.
20. Engages staff to provide excellent customer service to patients.
21. Advocate effectively for departmental needs that will help provide an enhanced patient experience, improve efficiency of operations and improve patient safety
Master's Degree required
Registered Nurse (RN)
Minimum of seven (7) years of experience in the discipline and five (5) years leadership experience
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills. Also need to be able to develop polished audiovisual presentations and create spreadsheets. Must have excellent time management skills.
The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the essential functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in position.
- Requisition ID: 2019-R0260749
- Schedule: Full-time
- Market: CHI St. Luke's Lakeside Hospital
Apply on company website