Full Time, 8a-4:30p, Saint Joseph Hospital
Contributes to the safe, efficient operation of the endoscopy suite by assisting the physician, circulating RNs and anesthesia personnel during all levels of endoscopic procedures. Transports patients to and from procedures. Has primary responsibility for set-up, operation, and cleaning of all procedural equipment during endoscopy cases.
- Gives direct and indirect patient care under the supervision of the endoscopy RNs.
- Responsible for the care, handling, and processing of all of the endoscopy equipment and instruments.
- Prepares and sets up for all GI and pulmonary endoscopy procedures ensuring that the correct equipment and supplies are available during the case.
- Ability to assist the physicians as needed with equipment and supplies consistent with their job classification.
- Knowledge of all complex and therapeutic GI/Pulmonary procedures performed in the unit.
- Ability to set up table, instruments and supplies according to the type of case. Assists with room turnover.
- Able to recognize and communicate any patient issues to RN or physician during the procedure.
- Maintains supplies and stocks procedure rooms and travel carts during down time.
- Assists with tracking locations and maintaining inventory of equipment.
- Disinfects and cleans scopes and equipment according to SGNA/ASGE standards and hospital policy.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requisition ID: 2019-R0256736
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Market: CHI Saint Joseph Health
Apply on company website