Department: Environmental Services Shift: Evenings Status: PRN
St. Luke's Sugar Land Hospital is an acute care hospital offering medical and surgical services to the Fort Bend community. Clinical services include heart and vascular, gastroenterology, neurosciences, diagnostic imaging, women services, orthopedics, and surgical services including the latest in robotic surgery technology, the da Vinci® Xi. The hospital offers The University of Texas MD Anderson Regional Care Center on its campus. Sugar Land Hospital is a Pink Ribbon Facility offering 3-D digital mammography-one of only 100 sites in the United States.
Maintains the Hospital's environment to be clean, safe and germ free. Displays image of the Hospital by demonstrating courteous and professional behavior towards patients, physicians, visitors, volunteers and other employees.
• Follows infection control practices and safety practices in all activities.
• Activities include: cleaning floors; damp dusting furniture and fixtures; making and cleaning patient beds; cleaning and emptying ash urns and waste receptacles; washing windows, walls, ceilings, vents and lights; changing light bulbs; performing non-routine floor care duties (buffing, shampooing, etc.); inspecting and replace curtains and cubicles; checking and stocking soap and paper supplies; hauling out trash; moving furniture; and using various cleaning equipment, carts and products.
• Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times.
• Adheres to organizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines.
• Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team members.
• Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community.
Education and Licensure Required:
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Requires self-discipline to perform work specifically assigned.
• Requires a display of personal attitude, courtesy and appearance for others to look favorably on the institution (much contact with public).
• Requires understanding of either verbal or written communications and instructions. Must be able to interpret written warnings as posted on doorways and chemicals. Requires use of judgment making decisions adherent to standards.
• Must be able to work weekends and holidays.
• Requires continuous contact with cleaning solutions.
• Requires a normal, responsive relationship indicating sensitivity to other people. Must maintain as confidential any information accidentally gained in the process of working. Must demonstrate the ability to cooperate with others
Adequate conversational English is required to take direction from management, understand how to complete job tasks, communicate adequately with patients and co-workers as necessary, understand and follow safety guidelines, and understand the Associate Handbook and all hospital policies.
Must have the ability to understand a variety of instructions and deliver successful results.
Sitting, pushing, pulling, kneeling, reaching, stooping – up to 30% of time
Standing, walking, grasping, repetitive movements – more than 50% of time
Twisting and bending – 30% - 50% of time
Lifting up to 100 lbs – up to 30% of time
Carrying up to 50 lbs – up to 30% of time
Exposure of radiation and chemicals – up to 30% of time
- Requisition ID: 2019-R0257270
- Schedule: Part-time
- Market: CHI St. Luke's Sugar Land Hospital
Apply on company website