Position Type: Regular
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 80
Primary Location: NE > OMAHA > MCAULEY FOGELSTROM CENTER
Key Job Responsibilities: Operational Guidance and Support
- Works with management to understand operational needs and plans. Addresses operational and employee relations in a positive and proactive manner to support the strategic business plan and achieve appropriate change.
- Coaches managers and employees at all levels on a variety of topics including leadership skills, performance management, conflict resolution and communications.
- Identifies and mitigates risks and resolves human capital matters. Remains proactive in compliance with Federal and State laws, such as EEO, Worker's Compensation and Unemployment. Educates leaders and employees on Labor Relations legislation and serves as a resource for maintaining a positive work environment.
- Employee Relations/Human Capital Concerns: Reviews, advises and ensures appropriate actions are taken on employee suspensions, demotions, layoffs, and discharges to ensure compliance with federal and state laws, policies, procedures, and acceptable management practices. Team analysis conducted as needed.
- Provides leadership guidance for operational activities which increase employee, patient, and physician engagement.
- Collaborates with the operational management team to develop an effective resourcing, retention, and succession plan.
- Partners with leaders to build an effective development culture. Provides assessment, guidance, tools, and implementation strategy to create a collaborative development plan.
Human Resource Centers of Excellence
- Provides guidance in researching and addressing issues that pertain to engagement, performance management, benefits, compensation, worker's compensation, employee relations, recruitment, retention, training and interpretation of Human Resources policies/procedures. Makes appropriate recommendations to meet operational needs.
- Assists COE with the facilitation and successful rollout of programs/initiatives to increase awareness and understanding by employees and leaders. This includes educating both staff and leaders on HR programs.
- Participates in the delivery of skills training, in such areas as supervision, conflict resolution, interpersonal communication and effective group interactions as it pertains to the operation.
- Assists in presenting and educating operations management with regards to general and specific human resources policies, procedures, and documentation.
- Metrics/Trending/Customer Service: Delivers data regularly to the operation on Human Resources programs against set goals and timelines, while researching and implementing best practice tactics/strategies.
Communications and Change Management
- Provides assistance, as needed, on change projects related to human capital, while working with Operations Management and HR Centers of Excellence to identify and develop solutions to meet operational needs.
- Partners in communication efforts for HR changes within the operation. Serves as an integral part of branding and facilitating Human Resources communications throughout the system, to the operations, and departments.
- Participates in other projects to build effective working relationships within the organization, while maintaining the professional competence, knowledge and skill necessary to help drive the business.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or related Field required
- Master's Degree strongly preferred
- A minimum of 5 years to include strategic operational coaching of senior leaders, business planning, progressive organizational development, and elevated employee relations.
- PHR certification strongly preferred
- Knowledge of all applicable laws and regulations, i.e. FLSA, FMLA, ADA, EEO. ERISA
- Proven ability to make oral presentations and facilitate small or large group training.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Practices excellent active listening skills.
- Ability to relate well with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities in daily and long-term assignments.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality with sensitive information.
- Sound judgment, strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Self-motivated, well organized, and detail-oriented.
- Computer proficiency with MS Office products (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
Apply on company website