Under general supervision, provides direct patient care in accordance with established treatment plans.
1. Perform general nursing care to patients by following established standards and procedures.
2. Obtain patient consent for care and ensures patient confidentiality.
3. Obtain and documents health history, information on chief complaint, vital signs, and health risk factors and assesses disease condition.
4. Provide patient care based on practice guidelines, standards of care, and federal/state laws and regulations.
5. Execute prescribed treatments and medical interventions, administers prescribed medications, and monitors and documents treatment progress and patient response
6. Educate patients and families about health status, health maintenance, and management of acute and chronic conditions.
7. Document patient assessment and intervention data using established medical record forms/automated systems and documentation practices.
8. Track quality assurance data and monitors for acute and chronic care management.
9. Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Licensure Required:
* Graduate from an accredited Practical/Vocational Nurse program required.
* Current/valid LVN license from the state licensing board or valid Compact LVN license required.
* Basic Life Support (BLS) or Advanced Care Life Support (ACLS) required.
Minimum Experience:* 0 – 1 year clinic experience preferred.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Knowledge of nursing processes; health care systems, structure, and functions; and community resources. Understanding of health care technology, equipment, and supplies. Familiarity with state law on nursing care, nurse practice guidelines, and clinic policies and procedures.
* Ability to effectively communicate to staff and patients.
* Demonstrate sound judgment and composure with the ability to take appropriate action in questionable or emergency situations.
* Maintain a positive, caring attitude towards patients.
* Possess a strong work ethic and a high level of professionalism.
- Requisition ID: 2019-R0260631
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Market: CHI St. Luke's Medical Group
Apply on company website