PRN, Variable Shifts, Flaget Memorial Hospital
Job Summary / Purpose
This position is responsible and accountable for total units operations on a 24-hour basis to include fiscal management, staff development, and resource management with the ultimate goal of achieving quality and safe patient care.Essential Key Job Responsibilities
1. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served.
2. Supervises assigned professional, technical, and clerical staff of the department to ensure the quality of work.
3. Manages the workflow of the unit to ensure the delivery of quality patient care.
4. Implements and supports quality improvement activities for the department.
5. Develops staffing patterns and ensures availability of sufficient qualified staff to meet patient care needs.
6. Works to develop and retain highly skilled and well-rounded staff including orienting, training, directing work, evaluating performance and assuring clinical competency.
7. Contributes to the effective management of the department including supplies, equipment, space, technology, policies and procedures
8. Contributes to the financial viability of the organization including managing productivity and budgeting process.
9. Maintains effective working relationships, communication and collaborative decision making with medical staff, other departments, leaders, staff and others.
10. Assists the organization in maintaining and achieving its goals related to licensure, regulatory, and accreditation standards.
11. Demonstrates commitment to professional growth and competence.
12. Responsible for accurate and timely delivery of various reports including staff schedules, labor productivity, IRIS and others as assigned.
13. Participates in community activities on behalf of the organization.
14. Other duties as assigned by management.
BSN Degree (Bachelors of Science in Nursing)
Required Licensure and Certification
Current RN license in the State of Kentucky.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Minimum 3 years RN experience required Minimum 2 years leadership (i.e. Charge) experience required. Equivalent leadership capabilities will be considered in lieu of the leadership experience requirement based on executive leadership approval.
Must be able to demonstrate advanced skills and abilities of a registered nurse, practicing within the nursing scope of practice. Must have ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Also, be able to interpret an extensive variety of instructions and deliver successful results. Critical thinking and problem solving skills and must be moderately advanced with experience in handling complex situations and conflicts. Microsoft Office, Clinical Documentation, Payroll system.
- Requisition ID: 2019-R0252607
- Schedule: Part-time
- Shift: Variable
- Market: CHI Saint Joseph Health
Apply on company website