Full Time, Days, Saint Joseph Mount Sterling
Job Summary / Job Purpose
Responsible for the administrative operation of assigned areas including; 1) management of technical and clerical personnel, 2) assurance of work quality, 3) achievement of budgetary goals, 4) maintenance of continuous quality performance improvement activity, and 5) maintenance of personnel competency through continuing education and annual competency testing. Plans, organizes, directs and coordinates all functions of respiratory care/cardiopulmonary services. May provide care to various patient populations including neonates, pediatrics, adolescents, adults and geriatrics. Ensures care provided is based on defined standards of patient care.
1. Supervises technical and clerical staff of the Respiratory/Cardiopulmonary section(s) to ensure, timely, quality work.
2. Responsible for the management of work flow in assigned Diagnostic and Clerical sections to ensure the completion of work assignments.
3. Responsible for the implementation and support of continuous quality performance activities for the assigned respiratory/cardiopulmonary sections.
4. Responsible for the training and orientation of staff and students in the Department.
5. Participates in the fiscal and budgetary management of the Department.
6. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served.
7. Displays knowledge and complies with the National Patient Safety goals.
8. Supports and reports any identified compliance matters.
9. Maintains professional development and education for technical competency.
10. Maintains regulatory compliance and licensure for current position.
11. Attends all KYOne Health required educational programs as well as all Learn modules.
12. Contributes to the efficient operation and monitoring of the department and utilizes our resources efficiently.
13. Demonstrates complete working knowledge of equipment within assigned area.
14. Insures equipment is operating properly and resolves equipment problems as they arise.
15. Maintain adequate inventory of necessary supplies and equipment.
16. On-call responsibilities for problems during testing, callouts, patient problems, etc.
17. Identifies and monitors performance improvement activities and findings and corrective action.
18. Assist in preparing for accreditation and licensing and maintaining records appropriately for site visits.
19. Knowledge and performance of the Code of Conduct Standards.
20. All other duties assigned.
Job Requirements / Qualifications
Education / Accreditation / Licensure (required & preferred):
* Bachelor's Degree preferred in related respiratory field preferred and minimum of 3 years leadership experience, OR
* Minimum of 5 years leadership experience in the discipline, OR
* Master's degree.
* Registration as a Registered Respiratory Therapist required.
* Current Kentucky Board of Respiratory Care licensure required.Additional Information
- Requisition ID: 2019-R0256676
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Market: CHI Saint Joseph Health
Apply on company website