Position Type: Regular
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 64
Primary Location: NE > LINCOLN > TPN EAST LINCOLN INTERNAL MED
Your time at work should be fulfilling. Rewarding. Inspiring. That's what you'll find when you join one of our non-profit CHI facilities across the nation. You'll find challenging, rewarding work every day alongside people who have as much compassion as you. Join us and together we'll create healthier, stronger communities. Imagine your career atCatholic Health Initiatives! Under the direction of the Health Care Provider, responsible for the delivery of general patient care that promotes the safety and well-being of all patients, by following established standards and procedures. Accurately performs preliminary physical tests such as: blood pressure, height/weight, temperature, pulse/respirations and other measures as directed by established clinical protocols. Assist with basic patient care, helping patients with activities of daily living and collaborates with other clinic staff to ensure effective and efficient patient care delivery and the achievement of desired patient outcomes. Additional responsibilities for this health care role include:
- Greet and prepare patients for the health care provider, and assist Physicians and Nursing staff with procedures when necessary.
- Assist Clinical staff in gathering medical history information, and may take and record vital signs, as well as document patient information for medical record including, height, weight, tests and results.
- Prepare, clean and sterilize instruments and maintain equipment/supplies that comply with quality of care while maintaining budget. Keep patient exam rooms stocked, clean and orderly; dispose of contaminated items according to protocol, and may need to maintain a safe and clean laboratory.
- Following completion of training and competency validation may be required to collect blood samples from patients and prepare specimens for lab analysis, perform Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) - waived and non-waived (moderate complexity) Point-of-care (POC) laboratory tests and procedures and perform Electrocardiograms (EKG).
- May schedule patients for diagnostic testing and follow up to ensure completion of testing.
- Provide for patient safety and protection of patient privacy rights, and ensure safety checklists/quality controls are completed as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Graduate from an accredited Nursing Assistant program required.
- Current/valid CNA certification (Certified Nursing Assistant) required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) or Advanced Care Life Support (ACLS) required.
- Active or become active on CNA state registry within 90 days of hire required.
- 2 years Certified Nurse Assistant experience required.
- Requisition ID: 2020-R0272714
- Schedule: Full-time
- Market: CHI Health
Apply on company website