Facility: St. Anthony Hospital
Department: Food & Nutrition Services
Location: Gig Harbor, WA
Job Status: Per Diem
CHI Franciscan Health has exciting and rewarding careers with competitive salaries and benefits. We are a family of hospitals, health care services, and medical providers delivering compassionate care to people throughout the South Puget Sound. We are part of Catholic Health Initiatives, one of the largest not-for-profit health care systems in the country.
Our mission is to deliver high quality care that meets our patients' medical needs while providing emotional and spiritual support to patients and their families. We believe this three-part approach — physical, emotional, and spiritual — is essential to healing the whole person. Come join our team!
Takes orders from customers and expedites coffee-espresso drinks and related food and beverage sales and/or operating an efficient trayline meal service. Incumbents may be assigned to either activity and will be cross-trained in both service areas.
Food handling activities are performed in accordance with external and internal guidelines and regulatory guidelines, and an employee works effectively to minimize waste during the flow of food while maintaining a quality end product. Work includes accurate cash handling and incumbents must accurately follow internal procedures and conform to established standards. In addition, work includes setting up and delivering catering orders to appropriate customers.
An employee is accountable for the accuracy of all assembled orders, maintaining par stocks, ordering supplies, and rotating products for maximum quality. Given the extensive contact with customers, an incumbent is expected to demonstrate excellent customer relation skills.
- May prepare espresso orders for patients, staff, visitors and catering, using standard recipes and plating guidelines; assists customers with food and beverage orders by answering menu and recipe-related questions; utilizes suggestive selling techniques to maximize sales.
- May operate patient trayline accurately and efficiently to meet designated timelines; dishes and garnishes assigned food items according to the appropriate menu.
- May prepare patient orders following patient menu guidelines; prepares tray set-up according to tray guidelines; disassembles patient tray carts and washes/stores small wares accurately per designated timelines.
- Utilizes all functions of the relative Point-of-Sale (POS) system to expedite all forms of payment for products or services; reconciles cash bank and daily receipts at the end of shift in accordance with established procedure(s); reports out-of-balance conditions to management.
- Delivers, sets up and breaks down all food and beverage catering orders; cleans up after a catered event in a thorough and timely manner.
- Inventories supplies to maintain accurate production par levels in the customer service, merchandising, and/or trayline service areas; completes production par lists, freezer pull lists, pre-meal checklists, requisitioning and waste sheets, and others of similar purpose.
- Performs work assignments in accordance with regulations and standards applicable to personal hygiene and food preparation/handling/disposal; keeps abreast of department standards, as well as local, state, and federal agency guidelines.
Education/Work Experience Requirements:
Two years of related work experience in the hospitality, retail or healthcare service fields, with strong customer service emphasis, is preferred. Depending on the assignment, work experience as a Barista may be desirable.
Valid Department of Health Food Handler's permit issued by the State of Washington. Additional Information
- Requisition ID: 2019-R0261144
- Schedule: Per Diem
- Shift: Evening Job
- Market: CHI-Franciscan St. Anthony Hospital
Apply on company website