Company: Catholic Health Initiatives
Location: Bryan, TX
Career Level: Entry Level
Industries: Hospitals, Health Care
Provides professional patient care and transportation in accordance with all departmental and St. Joseph Health System operating policies, city and state laws, and applicable contracts.
- Required & Preferred:
- Demonstrates proper body mechanics when performing job. Demonstrates correct use of supplies, equipment, tools and chemicals after training. Demonstrates the ability to work with, clean-up spills and/or dispose of body fluids, blood, secretions as defined in the organization policies and procedures. Dispose of hazardous materials, chemicals or wastes in accordance with department policy. Utilizes BSI when performing tasks. Shows willingness to read, understand and follow all safety policies and procedures according to organizational and departmental policies. Performs essential work duties.
- PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Sits, stands and walks for long periods of time. Transports and/or maneuvers items/people/equipment weighing up to 200 pounds. Carries, pushes/pulls, lifts up to 125 pounds. Operates electrical devices with keyboard and push buttons. Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity eye hand coordination. Must be able to communicate fluently and clearly in the English language both verbally and Written. Requires working under stressful conditions and irregular hours. Requires frequent exposure communicable diseases and blood/body fluids. May require working in confined spaces or in the elements (rain, heat, cold, etc.) Hears normal conversation with others and normal use of the telephone. Visualizes with accuracy, with or without glasses or contacts lenses up to twenty (20) feet, recognizing color, shape and size
- MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Understands and follows oral and written instructions/directions. Practices communication skills to exchange ideas and/or information. Functions in high intensity environment. Adapts to change in work environment. Exhibits effective decision- making skills as appropriate. Recognizes and responds to age specific needs of the population served. Communicates potential problems according to departmental and organizational guidelines. Organizes, prioritizes, and/or completed workload within designed time. Participates in quality improvement activities-assesses and measurements.
- Required: Texas Dept. of State Health Services Paramedic Certificate or License Valid Texas Drivers License.
CEVO (Certified Emergency Vehicle Operator) Certification.
ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) Certification.
PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support) Certification.
PHTLS (Pre-Hospital Trauma Life Support) Certification.
Attends 50% of all department sponsored CE classes.
- Preferred: Texas Dept. of State Health Services Paramedic Certificate or License Valid Texas Drivers License
- Requisition ID: 2020-R0272647
- Schedule: Full-time
- Market: CHI St. Joseph Health
Apply on company website