Position Type: Regular
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 80
Primary Location: TX > SUGAR LAND > ST LUKE SUGAR LAND
Responsible for the delivery of excellence in patient care through assessing, formulating nursing diagnoses and establishing goals, planning and implementing intervention and evaluating patient care outcomes. With the staff nurse's professional practice he/she will be responsible for participating in and maintaining quality, cost effectiveness and guest relations. Provide patient care in compliance with hospital policies and procedures and the standards of professional nursing practice as defined by the Board of Nurse Examiners for the State of Texas.
We are looking for a responsible and compassionate Registered Nurse with top-notch clinical skills, a caring attitude, and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision. It is also important to display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to effectively educate patients and their families on the in-home healthcare process.
Additional requirements for this role include:
• Current Registered Nurse (RN) license that allows you to practice in our state
• Graduate of an accredited nursing program
• One year experience as a Registered Nurse (emergency or critical care)
• Basic Life Support (BLS) required
• Specialty certification (ex: CCRN, CNOR, CEN) preferred
• Additional certification or licensure may be required for some specialty areas
As a Registered Nurse, you will be responsible for delivering the highest quality patient care according to the specific orders of each patient's individual physician. This will involve, utilizing your knowledge and skills to educate patients and their families on prevention and healthy habits.
Additional responsibilities for this health care role include:
1. Utilizes the nursing process to ensure appropriate patient care is provided in a cost effective, quality driven, and patient focused manner. Collects pertinent social, psychological, developmental and spiritual data from the patient, significant others and other health care team members.
2. Performs as ongoing assessment, formulates nursing diagnosis and goals, plans appropriate interventions, and evaluates the outcome of the interventions.
3. Consistently documents in the patient and unit records according to written health system standards of care in order to meet legal and quality patient care requirements.
4. Provides appropriate teaching and information to patients and families including information on Pain Management, Nutrition, Skin Integrity, Fall prevention, Diabetes, Disease Process, Smoking Cessation, and Discharge instructions.
5. Demonstrates commitment to the goals and values of the patient, Hospital, community and nursing profession through cost containment measures, maintaining confidentiality, appropriate ethical decision –making, and ensuring patient safety.
6. Uses interventions substantiated by research as appropriate in the patient population, Participates in research activities, identifies opportunities for research, and collaborates with the Outcomes managers and department.
7. Participates in quality of care activities, evaluates the quality and the effectiveness of nursing practice. Assists in collecting quality data, analyzes the data, and formulates action plans to improve quality care.
Join us at Catholic Health Initiatives, and become a part of our faith-based health system.Additional Information
- Requisition ID: 2019-R0256582
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Market: CHI St. Luke's Sugar Land Hospital
Apply on company website